When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Luckiest Rolex purchase ever. 116610

irolexu

Hey guys, he lives in Texas, they got different rules there!! He didn't say how long the guy had been gone for either, he could have disappeared a year ago. I would bet that if he had wanted the Rolex, he would have taken it when he bailed, or at least come back or sent someone over to get it.Community property state, half of what he owns belongs to his wife anyway. I wouldn't worry about it for one minute, the problem if there is one will be between him and his wife/family. He's probably really, really happy with his new little Chica, and she's keeping his mind off Rolexes :whistling:

And to agree with everyone thus far except by-tor, I would keep the genuine. you can easily replace the inscribed case back, I bet you could take it over to RSC -Dallas and they could do it on the spot, after you check out the serial # first of course.

I hope your 'friend' is not a member here on rwg, seeing how you flipped it for maybe nearly twice the money if i understood from your post that you just sold it.

Edited by hooky

Also, a watch has always sentimental value. Having a watch on my wrist of which I know it was broken out of someones safe, would never make me proud to wear. Indeed better sell it then.

I'm just not a fan of the modern 116610. The lugs were to big, ceramic is to flashy, it's heavy and it doesn't have that classy simply feel my 16610 has. Even if its super franken it's something I got to have made in front of me and there's no issues with it so I'm happy I sold the subC and kept my 16610. I will sell it and buy a gen