When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

IWC Mark XVI v2 - what do u think?

rct

Hi guys!

Pls take a look at this beauty: http://www.puretime.co/product/mark-xvi-11-best-edition-v2-ss-black-dial-a2892-on-black-leather-strap/

it looks awesome, new datewheel, new engravings, new markers and new resized hands :inverted:

I could not find any difference the gen vs the rep. But am a newby, so very interested your opinion, what do u think guys?

I really want a nearby perfect "out of the box" rep, and i'm thinking to buy my first rep :)

ps.: so sorry my bad english :)

Hi guys!

Pls take a look at this beauty: http://www.puretime....-leather-strap/

it looks awesome, new datewheel, new engravings, new markers and new resized hands :inverted:

I could not find any difference the gen vs the rep. But am a newby, so very interested your opinion, what do u think guys?

I really want a nearby perfect "out of the box" rep, and i'm thinking to buy my first rep :)

ps.: so sorry my bad english :)

Ask FXRAndy who's on the staff here. He can give you a correct over view and opinion on the watch. He's a big IWC Fan.

Cheers DH

• Like 1

thx the reply, i know who is Andy, and i promise he will write something soon.

there is 2 pictures, the "old" and the "new" mark xvi dial

in my opinion, it seems,

the hands sizes are correct and looks like a gen

the markers are thicker, and correct the "8" and the "7" number.

the datewheel is better (not 100% accurate, but a lot better than the old version)

double sides AR looks okay, near the gen too.

the new:

IWC-2012-11-18-01-02_enl.jpg

the old:

IWC-2011-12-15-02-02_enl.jpg

I wouldn't bet AR is better, it seems more likely they took better pics.

Dial has some improvements but minutes markers seems too thin.

Agreed on the DW, better than the previous one but not 1:1, no way.

No s/s bracelet is a huge downside for me.

If the price was 240USD I would buy it in a hearth beat, for 330USD I'll pass and I'll buy a different watch waiting for a price reduction or a deal in our sale forum.

The big improvement there is the date wheel but I would like to see the teen numbers

The seconds hand is also a very big plus

To be honest as long as the watch is running you would never get called out on this watch.

But that price they can stick it. On stainless maybe but on leather no way that I just wrong. Dealers take note!

There are so many gen vintage watches that are around this price or a little more that have so much more value and chic

Just have a look for vintage zeniths and the likes. Real name in house movement good resale prospects.

• Like 1

The big improvement there is the date wheel but I would like to see the teen numbers

The seconds hand is also a very big plus

To be honest as long as the watch is running you would never get called out on this watch.

But that price they can stick it. On stainless maybe but on leather no way that I just wrong. Dealers take note!

There are so many gen vintage watches that are around this price or a little more that have so much more value and chic

Just have a look for vintage zeniths and the likes. Real name in house movement good resale prospects.

+1

I'd say hold on at this stage whitestrips and see how it pans out, if you can get it cheaper you might be able to pick up the bracelet somewhere and have a damn good rep. This could be an excellent rep, but we will only know once released and some feedback is available. I agree on above that the price on it is skewed and there has been no real concrete explaination for the jumps in price from V1 @ $228 to $328. A2892 isn't that expensive and the rep straps for these are awful, so it is essentially a high price for a 3 hand rep watchhead....it better be a good one!

it blows my mind that they can make a 3717 with chrono and almost perfect aesthetics... but cant do the mark xvi without multiple tries. how did they mess up that 7 marker in the first place? or too short hands, or fat ass crowns? this is essentially V3... and still no bracelet. All they have to do is change the end links on the 3717 bracelet! 

if they got that on, it'd be worth the money

• 2 weeks later...
btw noticed on PT's video - the upper "loop" on the 8 on the dial has a little misprint into the loop. check your QC pics carefully!

question: 

but i spotted on the qc pics (and the video) a strange thing, the number "8"  on the dial inside in the smaller "inner cicle" has something. Please  reassure me, the "strange thing" is only an "optical illusion" :)

answer: 

The strange thing you see in the picture is only an optical illusion my friend, no need to worry about this. :)

but i think, its not an optical illusion, u said the truth, be careful  B)