When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Considering A Gmt Ii As My Next Project....

lionsandtigers

J-

I highly recommend using the TW Best GMTII as the basis:

150666-14793.jpg

150666-14794.jpg

150666-14795.jpg

150666-14796.jpg

Nice case, bezel is closer in size to gen, etc. etc.

Mine is slightly modded; lug holes drilled and a few other small items addressed, but will be receiving some other mods sometime down the road when I get around to it. I have a pretty extensive list pulled together for this one... But for now, there are higher priorities elsewhere :)

Only problem may be finding one... These, like most other TW Best Classics are long, long gone...

great randy, lol, thanks for putting me on that wild goose chance, geeeeeeeez

Randy's sadism knows no bounds :lol:

I should have bought more TW's when I had the chance back in the day - hindsight is a real bastard :wounded1:

Personally, I'd go for the new bastardized hour-adj 16710, see if you can find a decent dial, drop a gen insert and you're 99% there. :thumbsupsmileyanim:

J, I was contemplating a similar project and came up with some thoughts that you may find of some use.

1) Start off with the Homer or equivalent GMT which looks very good. Check into Bytor's review on this one.

2) Source an ETA 2893-2 (terrific movement) and loose the basterdized 2836-2 movement. Tourbillon1801 can help on this front plus a good price. http://www.rwg.cc/members/index.php?showtopic=10531

3) Source hands for 2893-2. This chap has them as probably others, http://cgi.ebay.com/WATCH-HANDS-FOR-MENS-G...1QQcmdZViewItem

Best of luck!