When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

The versatile Cosmograph

Rolexaddict

A Rolex Daytona 6263-6265 declinaison 100% built by myself

Long time I didn't post, I am really busy and screwed with buildings ad creations till 6 months

This watch was built using only stock parts,

It has been made as a versatile watch with many combinaison possibilities : regular bracelet, jubilee, steel bezel or regular bakelite or even a leater strap, no limit.

Reworked DW case, chrono pushers and crown. Only mixed stock parts from various aftermarket suppliers. No gen parts, its possible to build a watch looking like a gen using only rep parts

Movement : Hand winding A7750/21600bph with the sec. at 9 and 3-6-9 compax bridge, serviced and tweaked, keep a -7

sec/24H. I dont touch more, for me its good enough for a messy Chinese chrono movement.

Perfect aligned subdial hands, perfect flawless ans smooth chrono fonctions with perfect hands alignement at zero when reset.

Everything work perfect like the gen, no frozen hands, I didn't desactive the hack, this is usefull for these

using the chrono fonctions. Gen owners would be happy to have a hack fonction on their V72.

The watch is waterproofed, greased inside chrono pusher devices, greased tube and crown insides, sealed plexi and greased case back gasket

The dial is relumed with matching hands and has a slight patina surface with slight yellowed subdials. Matching hands.

Sternkreutz rounded plexi, give a domed design, this is correct according books showing this design in the seventies

Full engraved case and caseback, slim case back for removed rotor, the regular bracelet is referenced 78350-19 and end links are 571.

The jubilee 19mm comes from a Tudor watch, it is non engraved, I have installed a complete Rolex clasp, endlinks are 455B.

enough blabla, enjoy photos

cosmo01t.jpg

cosmo02p.jpg

Sorry for the dust on the plexi

cosmo04.jpg

cosmo05.jpg

cosmo06.jpg

cosmo07.jpg

cosmo08.jpg

cosmo09.jpg

cosmo10.jpg

cosmo11.jpg

cosmo12.jpg

hope you liked,

• Like 2

Now that the watch is complete, you might want to consider upgrading some of the parts with more accurate replacements, but, overall, I like what you did. Your hard work shows. :good:

thanks Freddy,

It was just to show that's is possible to do something looking realistic using only 100% rep components,

• 2 weeks later...

Fantastic work. Love the piece and love the fact that it is a replica. What we're supposed to be all about. I have to admit if the watch were mine (second dibs if it's for sale ;) ) I'd put a gen crown on straight away or at least try and source a better rep one (yep I'm aware of my own hypocrisy!). I do have a question if you don't mind me asking. Where did you source the dial? I desperately need a good quality 6263 silver dial that fits a 7750 movement, so far no joy.

thanks folks for your comments,

Fantastic build :good::drinks: Do you have a favorite configuration?

Yes, with the steel bezel, the profile and the look is incredible with the domed plexi,

Diesel, I like your 6263, very realistic,

• Like 1

thanks folks for your comments,

Yes, with the steel bezel, the profile and the look is incredible with the domed plexi,

Diesel, I like your 6263, very realistic,

The second to last photo has my favorite configuration, the polished bezel goes perfectly with the polished mid-links of the Jubilee bracelet :good::drinks:

• 2 months later...