When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Problem with trusted dealer..

whoopy12

A dealer I've done business with twice before hasn't answered 2 emails I sent him after receiving payment 2 weeks ago. I've noticed recent posted reviews (of this dealer) from other members, so I am starting to believe I'm being ignored.

What admin should I bring this up to to resolve this problem? (as I just want a refund)

Thanks

I'm not sure the administrators will get involved at this point. If the dealer continues to ignore your emails, providing you aren't sending him and email every 30 minutes asking about your watch, I would expect the mods will get involved at such time as they believe that enough time has gone by and you aren't gettig any responses. Remember, these are rep dealers you are dealing with, it's not like calling customer service at Omega, Breitling, Seiko, etc. These guys madch to their own drum. Sometimes they are away for days or weeks, visiting factories, trying to get their input noted with the factories, mostly trying to get all of us better reps. There is a fair amount of unrest in China today regarding replicas. The authorities seem to be focusing a little more on counterfeiting, than in the past. It's very possible your dealer is sort of laying low right now, waiting for things to cool off a little.

I haven't bought many new watches from dealers in the past few years, I much prefer to buy from fellow members on the sales forum, or buy parts and put together my own watches. I do remember that in the past some dealers were as quick as lightning to answer emails, others seemed to take their sweet time. I believe that those have a tendency to let emails accumulate until their inbox is overflowing, and then sit down and answer them in bunches.

Have patience, I'm sure he will get back to you.

I would send one polite email stating that you wish to cancel the order, and require a refund in full within 36 hours of receipt of the email. State that you no longer want the selected item, and that they are not to ship anything to you under any circumstances, but stipulate that if any goods have already been shipped to you (unlikely, or you would probably have been sent a tracking number) you will immediately return them in unworn condition. If you still continue to be ignored after 7 days, PM any of the admins, or mods, like FXRAndy, KB, etc, and see what they can do for you :) Fingers crossed for a happy resolution for you :good::drinks:

A dealer I've done business with twice before hasn't answered 2 emails I sent him after receiving payment 2 weeks ago. I've noticed recent posted reviews (of this dealer) from other members, so I am starting to believe I'm being ignored.

What admin should I bring this up to to resolve this problem? (as I just want a refund)

Thanks

It's none of my business, I know, but why do you want (and feel you are entitled to) a refund?

I don't think many of the TDs cover "buyer's remorse" in the T&Cs

It's none of my business, I know, but why do you want (and feel you are entitled to) a refund?

I don't think many of the TDs cover "buyer's remorse" in the T&Cs

Fourteen days of payment received, but no acknowledgement of the progress of the transaction, ie QC pics, tracking information (and it would appear no goods received) and no communications from the dealer, is certainly sounding reasonable as to why the OP would want to cancel the order and get a refund. Communication delays are one thing when dealing with purchases from members, after all, folks have families, jobs, obligations, which can get in the way of an online deal. But for a Trusted Dealer, this is their job, and to leave a client hanging like that, it's understandable why the OP would say "Enough is enough, I'm taking my business elsewhere..." :pardon:

Guys I live in Australia, I once bought an item off Amazon and despite many mails the only info they would give me was that they received my money and the item was being picked for postage.

It took more than 2 Months to get to me.

We are talking 2 weeks here in the illegal rep trade, give it a rest.

Ken

Thanks

you seem fairly new here, and I have read your posts and the replies pertaining to it. The advice given is sound, do be patient, things would work out for you.

Its only been 2 weeks.

:)

Patience is not only a virtue, but a matter of importance in the rep collecting game. This is no place for the impatient, who shoot from the hip expecting quicker results.

These guys in China are presently in a state of siege. The industry is more precarious than it has ever been. So be patient.

I know that it has been said before but everyone should be careful that they dont accidently order from a scam seller pretending to be a trusted dealer because then you can kiss goodbye your money this advice is aimed at the new members here as i subcribe to TDs i always entre there site by clicking on to there email website,or on a rwg TD link

never go on google looking for them you will surely run into scam site !

Edited by aeromatic