When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Review AP Montauk Highway ( Evasion )

MALDONADO

Audemars Piguet Royal Oak Offshore “Montauk Highway Editión”

A_P10405114_CABECERA.jpg

Didicada to torobravo

Produced and marketed porTorobravo Replica Limited Edition of 100 numbered.

Movimiento: Asia 7750 Valjoux Chronograph movement, Insigna Rotor, Working Regulator, 28800bph

Diámetro: 42mm

Espesor: 15.5mm

Cristal: Zafiro

Correa: Hornback decocodrilo realizada artesanalmente por Jacob, perfecta (www.jacobstraps.com)

A_P1040542.jpg

For New Yorkers, Montauk Highway represents the impersonal way out of the asphalt and the rigors of daily routine, a ticket to an oasis where water moves sluggishly on the docks and boats dot the horizon. In this atmosphere, time stretches and contracts to house mile.

A_P1040550.jpg

A_P1040566.jpg

A_P1040574.jpg

A road may seem an unlikely source of inspiration for a luxury sports watch, but when it is as famous as the Montauk ... a picturesque strip of asphalt 100 miles starting in New York, traces a path through eastern Long Island and empties into the sun, surf and style of the Hamptons, it's much easier to do. At least that seems to be the thought of Audemars Piguet, to launch this year.

A_P1040553.jpg

A_P1040555.jpg

Audemars Piguet in June 2009 launched a limited edition of 300 numbered units. Royal Oak Offshore "Montauk Highway at a retail price of 20,500 Dollars

A_P1040561.jpg

This special edition model has style and good taste to the collector. The bright blue and bright emerald on the tachymeter scale and Arabic numerals for the hours is amazing, without being shrill, and the rich tones of chocolate in the sub-areas of the lap counters, create a nice contrast against the pure white dial and revel in the details.

A_P1040582.jpg

Then, of course, not surprising that the brown alligator strap with stitching Hornback emerald blue, almost as luxurious as the polished steel case, warm glow and superbly finished.

A_P1010060.jpg

A_P1010064.jpg

A_P1010065.jpg

This beautiful belt works wonders on more than one variant of this model, including the navy or Safari, and it is less effective in editing the Montauk Highway. Adheres to the wrist through the clasp famous "AP" that cleverly doubles flagship brand.

A_P10405117.jpg

A_P10405118.jpg

A_P10405115.jpg

Created in 1875 under the signature of two young lovers of fine watchmaking, Jules-Louis Audemars and Edward-Auguste Piguet, and in order to design and produce in the Joux Valley, Audemars Piguet started growing gradually as more later known as the cradle of watchmaking.

A_P10405116.jpg

That was how the conviction but also the talent and the desire to create original pieces, innovative, unique in its kind, enables them to achieve success quickly. By 1885, the two partners set up a branch in the city of Geneva and in 1889, enter into trade relations on the occasion of the Universal Exhibition in Paris, where he presented various complicated watches pocket.

A_P1040611.jpg

A_P1040607.jpg

Over the years, manufacturing Audemars Piguet develops, giving priority to creating high quality models, but always continuing its tradition of innovation

A_P1040594.jpg

Audemars Piguet among many other creations that have marked the history of Haute Horlogerie, which totaled a record number of world firsts, you can highlight the historic and prestigious Royal Oak, introduced in 1972, characterized as the first luxury sports watch produced in steel, which will revolutionize the codes of Haute Horlogerie, and will see its perfection 20 years after the Royal Oak Offshore, the beginning of another legend and a continued success.

A_P1040627.jpg

A_P1040584.jpg

This line, which now accounts for half of sales of Audemars Piguet, under the inspiration of the octagonal hatch British war ships, eight screws interns exhibits 18 carat gold, and stainless steel and gold. Its success has been completed with new creations like the Royal Oak Dual Time Royal Oak or Offsshore. The latter is a perfect mechanical work, whose extraordinary case has been made ​​after more than two years of research and testing.

A_P1040646.jpg

A_P1040631.jpg

The story of the mythical creation of Audemars Piguet emerged back in the 70's, comes in a context of liberation, from the feminist struggle until the conquest of space and the feats of biological research.

A_P1040656.jpg

A_P1040651.jpg

In this scenario prevailing in the ephemeral, Audemars Piguet drag all the trends, launching a new challenge that asserts its technological and stylistic: the creation of a truly original clock. New form of octagonal bezel, new material such as steel, a new concept of the box because the bevel and the background are secured by eight screws and new concept of integrated bracelet watch

A_P1040603.jpg

First introduced in the World Watch Fair in Basel in 1972, its success is immediate and never decay, integrating over time with new horological complications and regularly using new materials.

A_P1040673.jpg

A_P1040676.jpg

Importantly, although the original model is still available, the Royal Oak has become a legend: a wonderful story born of daring clock and watchmaking expertise.

A_P1040687.jpg

Since its emergence, and amazes anticipates this watch. Its name derives from the story of a legendary oak dating from 1600. Watch imposed by their own choices, as well as his charismatic character. In a way, has a philosophy of time.

A_P1040671.jpg

Thanks for reading

• Like 1

Thoroughly enjoyable read. I share your love of AP. I saw my first AP Royal Oak on the wrist of a man I admired in the late 70's. By 1990 I had bought my first Royal Oak and have never looked back. Bravo to AP, the first brand to take an iconic design and make innumerable versions and sizes. And unlike certain other brands....still timeless. :)

Thoroughly enjoyable read. I share your love of AP. I saw my first AP Royal Oak on the wrist of a man I admired in the late 70's. By 1990 I had bought my first Royal Oak and have never looked back. Bravo to AP, the first brand to take an iconic design and make innumerable versions and sizes. And unlike certain other brands....still timeless. :)

Hehe, except we are in the Rep forums :clap2:

• 5 months later...

revisited this great thread because I am in the middle of making a custom case (box) for my Montauk Highway   -   fell in love all over again   -  really hate the strap on mine and hope one day soon to be able to acquire one as nice as the one shown here. 

As a teaser to putting members (poor guys) through the images of my completed watch box, let me say it is being made from: an old church pew and ice cream sticks

:)

hope that gets you wondering :)

... oh and I imagine all members know that there was a second run of these beauties done  -  was NOT happy about that but totally understand the commercial imperatives

:D

WOW  -  no idea who Ryan is but I hope it is as good as the others .... would be a shame now to produce a budget version of this thing  -  BTW I have just come back in after 5 solid hours of sanding .... all of my arm muscles are singin' to me!

Edited by seriph

WOW - no idea who Ryan is but I hope it is as good as the others .... would be a shame now to produce a budget version of this thing - BTW I have just come back in after 5 solid hours of sanding .... all of my arm muscles are singin' to me!

You can find Ryan as a trusted dealer on RWIand RG! I have bought from him and he is great to work with! And he is +/- 60 USD cheaper for the same watch!

@ wallstreet: it was made in ultra limited edition only  -  but they come up for sale from time to time  -  most expensive sold was around $1200 with gen strap, box and papers  -  cheapest was new with crap-strap but still nice for $568  -  as stated here, a reseller may still have some though they are not a TD on this forum

Here is a little something I whipped up ages ago ... 

Zorros-APMH2-LR.jpg

And this one for the Safari, which is another nice offering

APSafari-for-Dell.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

Really interesting combo  -  obviously not for everyone but neither is this timepiece!

May we have some more pics please?