When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

5513 MBW Dial Q

freshtripe

Hi All

Below are some pics of my MBW 5513 submariner project - its getting there, but I'm not sure about the dial...

post-34791-0-50711900-1354103283_thumb.j

post-34791-0-86459400-1354103272_thumb.j

post-34791-0-09797400-1354103265_thumb.j

The recipe is as follows:
- MBW base watch
- Clarks tudor sub hands
- Clarks t19 crystal
- Clarks bezel assembly
- Yuki spring bars
- WSO bezel insert (sanded and flushed following these pictures - I'll probably add a Yuki pearl at some point in the future)

With some mods by the wonderful RA:
- Reshaped crown guards
- Drilled lug holes
- Full waterproofing

My question is, was a 5513 ever made with this particular dial combination?

I have not seen a metres first dial with the submariner text on top (except maybe on a gilt dial) - is this MBW dial a fantasy?

Edited by freshtripe

looking nice! not sure if i like the clarks bezel ring or not.

1. get a better dial ($150-$200) i find a feet first dial to be more accurate amongst reproductions, plus the serial on your sub (L342...) is for a feet first

the bracelet on MBKs is all wrong. clasp has incorrect 1/2 adjustment side holes, side of links are polished and are actually the incorrect thickness.

for some reason MBK makes two 93150s, one for the 1665 (which is the more correct finish with no polish and the correct thickness) and one for the 5513. why they dont just supply the same 93150 for both i will never udnerstand.

2. buy a gen clasp ($150) and depolish the side of the those links is probably the best solution.

3. gen 703 crown (yuki tube) with the 'fat' coronet

after that youre done.

Why not use the TC V3 bracelet and use all the screwed links and then use the rest of the bracelet from the MBW braclet ( to have the engraved last endlink!) and then sand them down on the sides.<br /><br />Regarding the hands on it I would use the TC hands as they are the closest to the genuine:)

Why not use the TC V3 bracelet and use all the screwed links and then use the rest of the bracelet from the MBW braclet ( to have the engraved last endlink!) and then sand them down on the sides.<br /><br />Regarding the hands on it I would use the TC hands as they are the closest to the genuine:)

the mbk one is thinner, it will not match the rest of the TC bracelet once screwed together.

quick pictorial:

MBK 93150 5513 bracelet version TOP

GEN 93150 BOTTOM

its clear to see the difference

post-10838-0-21478200-1354327463_thumb.j

post-10838-0-24943800-1354327469_thumb.j