When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Angus is sending me a 3135 clone to tear apart!

Rolexman

Old topic t!tle: "FREE service for new 3135 clone movement"

>>>>>>>>See EDIT below the line in this post<<<<<<<<<<<<

I just saw that the new 3135 clone is out.

http://puretime.co/product/rolex-2012-12-07-01/

http://puretime.co/product/rolex-2012-12-07-03/

http://puretime.co/product/rolex-2012-12-07-02/

I will do a full tear-down and service for the first RWG member with 500+ posts to shoot me a PM. I will do a complete and extensive review and pictorial here at RWG in the Rolex section. Not just a photo shoot but a full blown technical evaluation.

Let me know if someone is interested. This offer stands till 31-12 and the watch must be in my possession before the end of January. Note the offer only applies for the improved v2 version (nobody want's to see old stuff :D)

Friends and veterans are preferred!

--------------------------------------

OFFER RETRACTED, ANGUS HIMSELF IS SENDING ME ONE TO TEAR APART. STAY TUNED :D

Note:

If you guys are interested in a genuine 3135 comparison please send me one. I will tear it apart and service it along the way. I can also test interchangeability.

• Like 1

Reading the description, the "superclone" is still a Asian 2836-2 movement that has parts added to make it look like a 3135 ? Is there really anything new here? It would be nice if there was a true "clone" 3135 movement, certainly make modding the newer rolex subs more realistic (As long as they aren't getting put on Ebay like the guy yesterday with the TC sub)

I personally would love to see them make a "clone" 1575 Help out all of us in the vintage world with a nicer movement for 1680's, 1665's etc.

Yes +10000000 I would love to that as well. I always thought that parts were 1:1 super good just like original, best super duper bestest. Lol guess my hopes and dreams are crushed now. >_>>_>

+Wasn't there a thread here a few weeks back about a "New" 3135 clone movement? Is this it?

Rolexman are you a watchmaker, hobbiest or both?

Depends on how you define watchmaker? I worked on and serviced hundreds of movements ranging from ETA, Sellita, Lemania, seagull and all kind of Manufacture (in-house) movements. I have a stock of 10.000 plus parts and own all kind of fancy equipment. I have acces to more than milion parts through my local supplier. Watch making however is not my daytime job nor do I offer my services through this board.

What's different about the V2? Crown stem?

Also updated engravings and finishing.

Reading the description, the "superclone" is still a Asian 2836-2 movement that has parts added to make it look like a 3135 ?

Please read carefully. This is NOT a decorated eta. We are talking about a direct copy of the 3135 or a 'true' clone like you call it. Other wise there would be no point reviewing it ;)

My review will mainly be focused on quality, finishing and reliability. If people can point out visual differences like the balance regulator arm that is fine but that won't be my point of focus. I also will not be comparing it to a gen 3135 as I don't have one in my possession. But in case something breaks along the line I will test if it takes gen 3135 parts :p...

On one site that's not a TD the improved version only mentions that the engravings line up better with the cuts in the rotor.this is mentioned on t-swisstime they have a green sub with this new upgrade.no mention of the place it came from.this will be a really interesting review.

maybe it is a silly question, but did somebody exchanged or modified rep movement to accept gen reversing wheels or they won't fit such movement?
Send me some gen reversing wheels and I will test it for you. Will send them back afterwards. Angus agreed to send me a 3135 clone to review. What a great guy!! :)

Could you elaborate on that?

The reversing wheels on the SA3135 are a completely different design than the genuine. The SA3135 reversing wheels consist of the toothed wheel, a toothed axle, some (I think 8) jewels and a lid, which is made from aluminium and red anodized. The lid is pressure fitted to the toothed wheel and that is the problem. The pressure fit is crappy made and that causes the little jewels to fall out. Once more than maybe two jewels are missing the reversing wheels will not "reverse" anymore and the watch will not wind. Remember all the members that opened the watch and found some small jewels falling around in it? Those were the little suckers...