When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Angus is sending me a 3135 clone to tear apart!

Rolexman

The reversing wheels on the SA3135 are a completely different design than the genuine. The SA3135 reversing wheels consist of the toothed wheel, a toothed axle, some (I think 8) jewels and a lid, which is made from aluminium and red anodized. The lid is pressure fitted to the toothed wheel and that is the problem. The pressure fit is crappy made and that causes the little jewels to fall out. Once more than maybe two jewels are missing the reversing wheels will not "reverse" anymore and the watch will not wind. Remember all the members that opened the watch and found some small jewels falling around in it? Those were the little suckers...
Thanks. If that is the case I will pick up some gen reversing wheels at my supplier and see if they will fit.

Interesting to see if it's the same version as the Yuki 3135 teardown here, http://www.rwg.bz/board/index.php?showtopic=36061

...if it is, the concensus was that it is crudely finished, but seviceable, it will accept gen hands/dials/datewheels and the benefits of having the correct crown rotation for hand/date setting which has always been the flaw in using ETA based movements...

Edited by sconehead

Possibly willing to tear down, service, install gen hands, date disc, to finally install into my Sean's LV? :D

These reps have come so far. i mean LOOK AT THAT THING!

Thanks. Only the midcase, bracelet, movement, and hands are rep.

Cyclops is ARed and very well centered.

However, DW is justified touch to the left. May need new DW and/or dial. But out of the box, its the best Sub C rep to date. It's not perfect, but no rep is.

They all have slight misaligned DWs I believe. I rejected the 1st QC pics for that reason. But the second one, although a little less obvious (like yours), also had this same issue. All askew to the left. Therefore I believe it is a common problem. But I really don't care. I will see if I can correct it during tear down.