When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Angus is sending me a 3135 clone to tear apart!

Rolexman

I hate to be the cynical one but I'm willing to bet nothing has changed beyond the stem size. The V2 should be able to take a gen 2135 (I think that's the number, I'll have to check my parts bin) stem based on the measurements Angus posted when it was announced.

Hope you are wrong! But I do not expect a very different mov. from the ones we have seen already. Just hope that there are some significant improvements made.

Guys I need your help!

I currently have the movement torn down. Off course I made a billion pictures and will do a review as extensive as I possible can. But before I start to rebuild I would like to know if people want to know certain specific things of particular parts? Sadly I currently don't have a genuine to compare but I can measure parts or photograph certain things.

Let me know!

Mark

If you could measure the length of the second pivot and the thickness to see if it can be swaped with gen.
Ok I will. What I already can say is that this movement is not 1:1. Not only in looks but also design.... It does mimic the 3135 very well though ;)

The y3135 was taken apart cleaned a full photo shoot and service done by 1010 watches. That is the reason I ended up ordering two movements. I currently have one being serviced by 1010 and another one with no issues as a test mule until the stock comes in or more. Gen date wheel for the 3035 was .15mm too big an I had to modify it for Duke's SSD 666 Franken.

The y3135 was taken apart cleaned a full photo shoot and service done by 1010 watches. That is the reason I ended up ordering two movements. I currently have one being serviced by 1010 and another one with no issues as a test mule until the stock comes in or more. Gen date wheel for the 3035 was .15mm too big an I had to modify it for Duke's SSD 666 Franken.

Could you post a link? Maybe I can use it to do a good comparison?

All I can say is that this V2 is definitely not the same as Yuki's when I compare it to Watcher's pictures pinned in the Rolex section.