When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Bell & Ross BR03 Type Aviation

ninjagaiden

Folks,

After a long and enforced break from rep buying, I got myself an early Chrsitmas present which was a Bell & Ross BR3 Type Aviation asian 2824 from Joshua:

http://www.1-pc8838.com/br03ta01011-br03-type-aviation-ssru-black-asian-2824-p-10098.html

For me this is perfect. I thought about trying to save u for a used Gen BR03, but I had a problem. I love the styling of the type aviation series but I hated the quartz displays. gold on black LCD numerals are just too dim and it restricts you to a quartz movement. NOt acceptable for a watch that's over £2.5k.

I came across this on Josh's web site, and I don;t know why I had not noticed it before. For me it is perfect. You get the nice styling of the type aviation series with the modern numerals, and the 'cut away' hands that show the dial through the middle, and that lovely bezel.

Watch arrived in 7 days courtesy of Joshua's new DHL based delivery with no hassles from customs. I've had some really cr@ppy BR03 reps before that were too thick, or had poor movements, but this one wears really well, and the thin case makes up for the squared off profile. AR is very good. Only downside is that the lume is weak.

Quality wise I would give this super rep status, but for the fact that of course it is a mashup of a BR03-92 and a BR03-TA and so there isn't a gen version that corresponds to it. Given that it is not a Rolex / Omega orBreit I think the chances of being called out are pretty slim.

Will post some wristies soon.

N

Yep. Bell & Ross and Porsche Design watches don't seem to float peoples boats, which is a shame. They are less common, and less expensive to own the gen, so less likely to be called.

The popular reps that are built with reference so dissected gens (you know, the ones that say 'Superlumed with pixie dust' or ' AR done by Kristin Kreuk's bosoms') always have a tell on them. I've handled gens of BR02 and BR03s in Geneva airport and mine come very close indeed.

P.S. No way my wrist shot is going to be as good as yours!

• Like 1

Yep. Bell & Ross and Porsche Design watches don't seem to float peoples boats, which is a shame. They are less common, and less expensive to own the gen, so less likely to be called.

The popular reps that are built with reference so dissected gens (you know, the ones that say 'Superlumed with pixie dust' or ' AR done by Kristin Kreuk's bosoms') always have a tell on them. I've handled gens of BR02 and BR03s in Geneva airport and mine come very close indeed.

P.S. No way my wrist shot is going to be as good as yours!