Jump to content
  • Current Donation Goals

Franken Bond SMP, 40th Ann.


Recommended Posts

Just some bad pics (cause of the bad weather) Specs: - rep case - gen dial - gen hands - gen crown - bleached insert to gen color - sealed He valve - Swiss ETA 2824-2 - gen clasp I just took 10 pics and found out none are decent. Will take some new lster but here is a teaser 20121222_122410.jpg

Link to post
Share on other sites

Thank you. Here is an other wristy: D9E6FE64-1D86-492E-90F7-0D52747735A8-626 Did I told you it has a gen crystal? Well it does. The pearl is a modded stock pearl that came with the insert. Pulled out the stock lume and put in some new but only filled the pearl tha 50%. When the lume is fully cured i will top it of with some clear compound.

Edited by dutchguy2
Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks Andy. I have a gen bracelet. It is your old one LOL. But the endlinks are les high and fitted it does not look right. This is caused by the thicker rep case. Need to look out for the closed factory case.

Edited by dutchguy2
Link to post
Share on other sites

Very nice...putting one together myself as we speak.

 

Any A/R on the crystal?  I have seen some with Chief's double A/R and it really brings out the dial details.  I have single A/R on mine.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 7 years later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I think I can help a bit. I'm fairly certain that I bought this watch from the person that dutchguy2 sold it to, in its eventual closed factory case version.

 

Here is what it looked like when I had it: 

 

The 40th anniversary dial had been swapped to a old tritium gen dial, and I installed a gen insert with pearl. 

 

16302123085_46f5a8b02c_h.jpg

 

46866335181_255d1689cd_h.jpg

 

16114575528_a00ee29ac7_h.jpg

 

The 40th anniversary dial and gen bracelet, ended up getting re-united with a genuine 2831.80 that I restored from the dead, and is one of my favorite watches I wear to this day. 

 

50129813163_162d39d039_h.jpg

 

49935444022_1a8d009186_h.jpg

 

 

 

How is that for 18 years of closure!

 

 

On 6/28/2020 at 2:49 PM, jcagara08 said:

OP I am necroposting I know but can you please re share the images of your watch? thanks!

 

see above :)

Edited by NaviChief
  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

@NaviChief that’s lovely. I have a closed factory case from the 40th anniversary Bond that has been built into a ProPlan - hybrid Seamaster Pro case with PO bezel and second hand. Fantastic quality cases that are so close to Gen. I also have franken 2531.80 that I want to mid further. The HEV position isn’t too bad but it still bugs me so I may have the HEV removed and the hole welded up and the re-drilled in the correct position.  
What caseback do you have on your 40th? 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Here’s the Bond. 

image.jpg

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, NaviChief said:

I think I can help a bit. I'm fairly certain that I bought this watch from the person that dutchguy2 sold it to, in its eventual closed factory case version.

 

Here is what it looked like when I had it: 

 

The 40th anniversary dial had been swapped to a old tritium gen dial, and I installed a gen insert with pearl. 

 

16302123085_46f5a8b02c_h.jpg

 

46866335181_255d1689cd_h.jpg

 

16114575528_a00ee29ac7_h.jpg

 

The 40th anniversary dial and gen bracelet, ended up getting re-united with a genuine 2831.80 that I restored from the dead, and is one of my favorite watches I wear to this day. 

 

50129813163_162d39d039_h.jpg

 

49935444022_1a8d009186_h.jpg

 

 

 

How is that for 18 years of closure!

 

 

 

see above :)

 

LOVELY, loss of words, that I beauty! aha! I saw that 40th anniversary edit gen dial from the bay a couple of months back for a steal price, I think you won that? 

wear it in good health man!, how is the caseback by the way? does it have serial numbers on the lugs? 

 

1 hour ago, kernow said:

@NaviChief that’s lovely. I have a closed factory case from the 40th anniversary Bond that has been built into a ProPlan - hybrid Seamaster Pro case with PO bezel and second hand. Fantastic quality cases that are so close to Gen. I also have franken 2531.80 that I want to mid further. The HEV position isn’t too bad but it still bugs me so I may have the HEV removed and the hole welded up and the re-drilled in the correct position.  
What caseback do you have on your 40th? 

 

30 minutes ago, kernow said:

Here’s the Bond. 

image.jpg

 

another amazing build wear it in good health, cheers mate!

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah my Bond came from a great guy who sadly doesn’t spend much time here. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Yeah my Bond came from a great guy who sadly doesn’t spend much time here. 
Oh yeah that came from me LOL!


Wear it in good health mate!

Sent from my Mi 9T Pro using Tapatalk

Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, jcagara08 said:

 

LOVELY, loss of words, that I beauty! aha! I saw that 40th anniversary edit gen dial from the bay a couple of months back for a steal price, I think you won that? 

wear it in good health man!, how is the caseback by the way? does it have serial numbers on the lugs? 

 

another amazing build wear it in good health, cheers mate!

 

 

16 hours ago, kernow said:

What caseback do you have on your 40th? 

 

Thank you both for the compliments.

 

The watch in the top 3 pics is the closed rep case, which had a normal seamaster wave caseback and did have a serial number. dutchguy2 originally put it together, and one other owner and myself improved upon it a bit. It is the case that dutchguy mentions a few posts down in this thread. Here is what the back of the case looked like:

 

VFMR6a.jpg

 

As you can see, I sold it last year. Compared to my gen, it was very close.  A bit thicker case due to the 2824 vs 2892, and the crown guard shape was a bit pointier. 

 

The bottom two pics are a 100% genuine Seamaster. Other than the dial, the rest of it is standard 2831.80. The story of its restoration is over on RWI: https://forum.replica-watch.info/forum/omega-replicas/7738314-destroyed-genuine-omega-seamaster-bond-restoration-story-and-pic-heavy

 

The connection to this thread, is that the gen 40th dial and bracelet I used for that watch are the ones from dutchguy2 that he mentioned in post #1. I did not win that eBay auction, but now I'm curious what it went for. I did try to sell this dial on eBay a couple times years ago. 

 

Edited by NaviChief
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, NaviChief said:

 

 

 

Thank you both for the compliments.

 

The watch in the top 3 pics is the closed rep case, which had a normal seamaster wave caseback and did have a serial number. dutchguy2 originally put it together, and one other owner and myself improved upon it a bit. It is the case that dutchguy mentions a few posts down in this thread. Here is what the back of the case looked like:

 

VFMR6a.jpg

 

As you can see, I sold it last year. Compared to my gen, it was very close.  A bit thicker case due to the 2824 vs 2892, and the crown guard shape was a bit pointier. 

 

The bottom two pics are a 100% genuine Seamaster. Other than the dial, the rest of it is standard 2831.80. The story of its restoration is over on RWI: https://forum.replica-watch.info/forum/omega-replicas/7738314-destroyed-genuine-omega-seamaster-bond-restoration-story-and-pic-heavy

 

The connection to this thread, is that the gen 40th dial and bracelet I used for that watch are the ones from dutchguy2 that he mentioned in post #1. I did not win that eBay auction, but now I'm curious what it went for. I did try to sell this dial on eBay a couple times years ago. 

 

 

This is that gen dial I was watching ob ebay previously before going gen, I figured, that I will be needing the correct caseback which is another needle in the haystack;

 

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Genuine-Omega-Used-Seamaster-300M-Blue-Dial-2537-80-00-40th-Anniversary-Model-/223992123517?epid=648197645&hash=item3426f8907d%3Ag%3Avx4AAOSwuJped5Ia&nma=true&si=OrgHO9IXAym2ZJ1DQwnheJviTh8%3D&orig_cvip=true&nordt=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

 

Is this the franken watch you are reffering to that was sold on ebay?

 

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Genuine-Omega-Used-Seamaster-Blue-Dial-40th-Anniversary-Swiss-ETA-2824-/124166431217?hash=item1ce8e561f1%3Ag%3AP7MAAOSwCKlepNHw&nma=true&si=OrgHO9IXAym2ZJ1DQwnheJviTh8%3D&orig_cvip=true&nordt=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

 

I do have an A21J version of the 40th anniversary but is already modded with a gen 2531.80 and is now on my brother's wrist - will be moving the watch to new case soon

 

here it is;

OG setup

Vu1v9nz.jpg

 

with a poorly bleach bezel mod (LOL) and a gen 2531.80 tritium dial from Mr Pap (missing his Omega Gen parts sale nowadays)

24NLOxp.jpg

 

and with the new bezel from my chrono diver (bent the OG bezel upon removal) gosh its thicker and is really not a good fit but its ok

gn8zEnZ.jpg

 

The whole album;

https://imgur.com/a/0gSpi9F

 

Lastly,my newly acquired gen 2221.80

dg9LoWV.jpg

 

 

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...