When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

MERRY CHRISTMAS !

aeromatic

Gen Tudor boxes are really good, aren't them? They are better than Rolex IMHO. Congrats and merry christmas!

Yes i have to agree that the finish on tudor boxes do seem to be better than rolex boxes

post-27094-0-80069300-1356424145_thumb.j

Absolutely love that piece :wub:  Happy Christmas to you too, my friend :good::drinks:

Thank you my friend ! im enjoying wearing the homage BB ! :) its proving a very solid watch and very water tight with its 5 crown gasket system !

• Like 1

Fantastic news :tu:  How is the color of the bezel with regards wardrobe compatibility?  

Its ok im still not sure i will stay with the insert i may refit the harley brown i can not find a burgandy red insert the guy that made the case is working on making a correct colour insert and bb crown that will fit on this case black clothes seem to set off the bezel nicely i think, i tried a stainless steel bracelet but black seems to suite it better with both inserts i also ordered a gold fond insert thinking that the gold fond would go with the guilt dial so thats another option

Edited by aeromatic

Its ok im still not sure i will stay with the insert i may refit the harley brown i can not find a burgandy red insert the guy that made the case is working on making a correct colour insert and bb crown that will fit on this case black clothes seem to set off the bezel nicely i think, i tried a stainless steel bracelet but black seems to suite it better with both inserts i also ordered a gold fond insert thinking that the gold fond would go with the guilt dial so thats another option

Definitely sounds like you've got some options, and yes, a gold font insert might go quite nicely with the gilt dial, so maybe worth a try :)  The brown insert definitely looked nice, and subtle :)  I have to admit, I think the nicest color I've seen on a watch insert (excluding the 6542 perspex, of course) is the blue inserts of the Omega Seamasters...  So versatile as well, as in less than brilliant light, they look just as black as a Submariner :)  A plan I have for the future, is to install a blue insert on one of my Tudor Subs, which I've seen referred to as a 'landshark' mod :)  Probably won't be happening any time soon ( :bangin: ) but I figure it's always good to have goals to strive for :victory:

Definitely sounds like you've got some options, and yes, a gold font insert might go quite nicely with the gilt dial, so maybe worth a try :)  The brown insert definitely looked nice, and subtle :)  I have to admit, I think the nicest color I've seen on a watch insert (excluding the 6542 perspex, of course) is the blue inserts of the Omega Seamasters...  So versatile as well, as in less than brilliant light, they look just as black as a Submariner :)  A plan I have for the future, is to install a blue insert on one of my Tudor Subs, which I've seen referred to as a 'landshark' mod :)  Probably won't be happening any time soon ( :bangin: ) but I figure it's always good to have goals to strive for :victory:

Sounds like a super plan this is how i plan my builds i bend both ways vintage builds and custom builds how about a ceramic sub case blue ceramic insert and a blue snowflake dial and hands a modern flake sub raffles dial and hands and a rep watch :)

• Like 1

Sounds like a super plan this is how i plan my builds i bend both ways vintage builds and custom builds how about a ceramic sub case blue ceramic insert and a blue snowflake dial and hands a modern flake sub raffles dial and hands and a rep watch :)

Sounds like a promising build :good::drinks: Personally, I'm not a fan of the ceramic sub inserts or cases, but to each his own :)  I definitely think it would be a nice update of the blue Snowflake though, rather than the Pelagos, which was just, well, not quite right...  As I've said before, the Pelagos is like seeing your sister in a bathing suit, thinking 'nice ass...' and then remembering it's your sister :lol::bangin:  Another aspect which would keep it custom if I was to put the blue insert on my current Snowflake watch, is that it only has Mercedes hands.  I was planning on obtaining snowflake hands, and putting that all in a no-date Submariner case, rather than the 5517 case it's in at the moment, as overall, that dial/case combo would be a Tudor version of the 16800, but thinking about it, the blue insert would still be a nice additional custom touch :)

• Like 1