When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Q. About the swiss 3186 movement (need your help guys)

Gaber

Hi guys

I know the rolex GMT II and EXP II its comes with two movement option its the asian + swiss 2836-2

With the gmt function So here is a movement i think its quite similar

To the gen movement 3187

http://www.kingshowbox.com/goods.php?id=5522

This link will explain what i mean !! about the movement

Any ideas or knowldges about how accurate this movement and if there is any chance to replace the swiss eta 2836-2 thats will be in my coming soon noob EXPii , with this movement swiss 3186 only if is this 3186 movement its real swiss made

??

Im waiting you guys with your advice

Thanks

My GMT experiences...

The only swissetas with Asian GMT conversions I had good luck with were the older type with non adjustable 24 hour hands. The hand stack (24h, 12h, m) is right for vintage models but wrong for later models except acrylic crystal GMT master quicksets. One problem is the 24h and 12h hands are crammed together in the space for the 12h hand making the 24 hour hand too close to the dial and 12 hour hand. You really need longer cp and hour wheel to make them right.

Every swisseta I had with adjustable 24 hour hand caused trouble but iirc there was at least one later model with fewer problems but I never had one and know nothing about them.

Never had an Asian etaclone GMT and know nothing about them.

Changed a few swisseta 2836 with Asian GMT conversions over to swisseta 2846 with Asian GMT conversions with no problems.

Never had a swisseta 2893 GMT in anything. 

Stayed with vintage swisseta powered GMT/Ex II because of adjustable 24h hand problems.

Had good luck with early DG/NN non adjustable 24h GMT movements depending on condition of the basic movement.

Also good luck with DG 3804 depending on movement condition. It runs at 21600 bph so the ss hand is a bit notchy compared to 28800 used in most modern watches but it is a very good choice for vintage GMT/Ex II. 

Never tried to swap parts around with a DG 4813 and early DG 2813 GMT to make 28800 bph GMT movement. 

My GMT experiences...

The only swissetas with Asian GMT conversions I had good luck with were the older type with non adjustable 24 hour hands. The hand stack (24h, 12h, m) is right for vintage models but wrong for later models except acrylic crystal GMT master quicksets. One problem is the 24h and 12h hands are crammed together in the space for the 12h hand making the 24 hour hand too close to the dial and 12 hour hand. You really need longer cp and hour wheel to make them right.

Every swisseta I had with adjustable 24 hour hand caused trouble but iirc there was at least one later model with fewer problems but I never had one and know nothing about them.

Never had an Asian etaclone GMT and know nothing about them.

Changed a few swisseta 2836 with Asian GMT conversions over to swisseta 2846 with Asian GMT conversions with no problems.

Never had a swisseta 2893 GMT in anything.

Stayed with vintage swisseta powered GMT/Ex II because of adjustable 24h hand problems.

Had good luck with early DG/NN non adjustable 24h GMT movements depending on condition of the basic movement.

Also good luck with DG 3804 depending on movement condition. It runs at 21600 bph so the ss hand is a bit notchy compared to 28800 used in most modern watches but it is a very good choice for vintage GMT/Ex II.

Never tried to swap parts around with a DG 4813 and early DG 2813 GMT to make 28800 bph GMT movement.

WoW i really like what said i will stay with swiss eta 2836-2