When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Australians Have A Warning For Americans

maxman

If I were taking the other side I would certainly argue that the density of population would raise the numbers along with higher crime rate in urban settings. The fact that Obama came away with a much greater portion of votes does not necessarily denote a greater number of murders among his supporters.

That being said it depends on your views which you think is true.

I would argue that murderers are not very likely to even be voters. That civic pride thing keeps getting in the way. 

Joey I would think that was covered by my statement " The fact that Obama came away with a much greater portion of votes does not necessarily denote a greater number of murders among his supporters." But if you want to be more granular yes that is one of the arguments I would use to support it.

Joey was writing while you posted and yes your point can be countered also as the great majority of murders are not committed by white males. (you want to know who I am not taking the bait) I thought we were leaving race out of this, so you bring it back?

When did I say anything about leaving race out of this? 

And again, I'd ask for validation of your claim that "the great majority of murders are not committed by white males". 

The reason I ask is because a 2010 United States Department of Justice report which surveyed homicide statistics during the year of 2010 reports that the 49% of all murder or manslaughter arrests were of white individuals. 48% of murder or manslaughter arrests were of black individuals. 

Now let me ask you a question if your life depended on it and a gun was at your head the guy says "I haven asked every person accused of murder whom they supported in the last election get it right or die" what's your answer? Come on you know it.

I am a 61 year old retired military officer with 38 years of service, Your question/scenario is insulting, moronic, and of no purpose at all. If you think for one moment that I don't recognize racism when I see it, you are sorely mistaken. The FACTS show the racist statements/scenarios to be wrong., 

• Like 1

Joey first you are 1% off that is within the margin of error in any percentage. In addition there are so many more white males so taking your statement as true I could say that more black males commit murder than white. To put it simply if you take 100 of each in a room you have more black than white murders. I can look up the population of both and give you a hard number if you like. That is a straw man argument ,nice try.

Thank you for your service. It does not mean however that they would say Mitt or it is racist, it is not pretty and I do not like it  but it does not make it untrue. I try hard to look at both sides of an argument calling me a racist when I state the obvious after you said " When did I say anything about leaving race out of this?" is a big load of sh*t but that is all you have I gather.

Joey first you are 1% off that is within the margin of error in any percentage.

So what? It still isn't what was said. 

In addition there are so many more white males so taking your statement as true I could say that more black males commit murder than white. To put it simply if you take 100 of each in a room you have more black than white murders. I can look up the population of both and give you a hard number if you like. That is a straw man argument ,nice try.

"2010 United States Department of Justice report which surveyed homicide statistics during the year of 2010 reports that the 49% of all murder or manslaughter arrests were of white individuals. 48% of murder or manslaughter arrests were of black individuals. 

And to that you say "there are so many more white males so taking your statement as true I could say that more black males commit murder than white."??  Math is not your strong suit. 

" When did I say anything about leaving race out of this?" is a big load of sh*t but that is all you have I gather.

I didn't introduce racism to this discussion, someone else did. You joined in. My statement was that racism is an issue I would fight.

So, if you  want to know what I have you just keep pitching your big load of s­hit and I'll keep right on hitting it. 

Joey,

It is a count of people who where arrested and charged not a percentage of the respective groups by there overall numbers. The population of USA 66.8 million whites 8.8 million blacks yet blacks account for only 1% less of the overall murders, so my statement is true by putting 100 of each test group in a room. I don't want to go look it it up it does not matter for our purpose here. Lets say one million charged so 490 k white your 49% and 48% black 480K now what per 100 white and what in 100 per black. The percentage is we have x number of murders 49 to 48 but when you look at the number of people whites out number blacks by almost 8 to one but they are just 1% off in the total number of people arrested for the crime. And my math skills are bad.

I truly do not want to argue this I have nothing against anyone, but you are mistaken what I posted above is how the numbers work, sorry. The fact that this is true does not make me a racist. I commend you for fighting it but your fight is not with me I just looked at your numbers and they did not tell the whole story just what you wanted people to see.

Fine with me Ken.

Ok this discussion has gone for 30 pages, nothing has been achieved other than pro gun stating their pro gun propaganda and anti gun stating theirs.

As a regular member you know which side of the fence I am on as a moderator though I am neutral.

What is surfacing now though is a case of trying to pin the blame on different groups (race) and that cannot be done without racism raising it's ugly head.

If there is one thing I hate more than guns it racism.

I'm locking it up.

Ken