When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

TT Gold Blue Submariner

BigDD

Andrew from tt has new ones, they are pretty good. Only thing is that the bracelet aren't with wrapped gold anymore, or very hard to find. Most of them are plated now, which means the sides of the midlinks are still silver. This especially visible on the end link But there are with an AR'ed cyclops now and superlume. Nice to start with and perhaps maybe build one yourself later ;-)

The best ever is the BK wm9 version of the 16613. It's out of stock though. Street price currently around $1000. Second best is the MBK version as sold by Reg, same model (16613). Latest info from Reg says this one is out of stock as well. Used ones sell for about $500-600. Observe the sales sections for some times to find one.

Wow... very insightful.  Thanks for all the input.

I have always wondered about the gold plating on the watch.  So do I need to be super careful with these gold plated watches?  I assume the plating is rather thin and the SS will show if scratches are put on the watch?

How about the weight of the watch?  Gold is obviously heavier, but with just a light plating if someone handles the watch they can prob tell right away that its a rep?

Thanks to all the experts input.

The plating is ok. 5 layers. But the quality of gold makes the difference. In general they use 18ct. Which is fine. I did see a new tt with a wrapped bracelet. I will look for you where I saw it!

Of course the gold will wear in time if you wear it daily. But a goldsmith can do wonders for your gold ;-)

• 4 weeks later...

WM9 was the best no doubt.

But I'd ask bklm1234 if this was still available. This was the second best 16613 rep ever, imho.

http://www.rwgforum.net/topic/70046-review-of-rolex-16613-two-tone-submariner-noob-factory-version/

That is really nice, and is on my list.  Firstly I'm going for Trusty's Black and Gold Sub, but the Noobfactory blue TT is certainly on the list for me :)

Is this the correct Noobfactory Blue TT Sub?

http://www.timeshops.net/submariner/3738-rolex-submariner-blue-dial-ssss-new-version-swiss-eta-2836-2.html

It's currently on sale.

Edited by SSTEEL

The WM9 TT Sub was the best in many respects, but it's shortcoming was the dial which as nice as it is, isn't even close to the candy cobalt blue of the gen. The MBW version (with its errant left of center "Swiss Made") has a near perfect match for color. Unfortunately, the maker of the MBW is out of bezel insert and has been for some time. Best option would be buy a bezel insert-less watch and get a WM9 insert from BK. Still left with bare SEL sides, but there's always a trade off on the TT. The dial color to me is more important.

• Like 1

No. That watch looks good otherwise but has a terrible "wok" rehaut.

Sorry for the dumb question, but what is wok?

The WM9 TT Sub was the best in many respects, but it's shortcoming was the dial which as nice as it is, isn't even close to the candy cobalt blue of the gen. The MBW version (with its errant left of center "Swiss Made") has a near perfect match for color. Unfortunately, the maker of the MBW is out of bezel insert and has been for some time. Best option would be buy a bezel insert-less watch and get a WM9 insert from BK. Still left with bare SEL sides, but there's always a trade off on the TT. The dial color to me is more important.

Ok, cheers  guys, much appreciated :)

Edited by SSTEEL

That is a once in a life time opportunity should you sell it..;-)

Edit: this is the link of the new model with gold on the side of the end links.

http://puretime.co/product/submariner-16613-ln-ssyg-blue-dial-on-ssyg-bracelet-eta2836/

It does not have superlume, AR'ed cyclops like the newer versions have.

That is a once in a life time opportunity should you sell it..;-)

Edit: this is the link of the new model with gold on the side of the end links.

http://puretime.co/product/submariner-16613-ln-ssyg-blue-dial-on-ssyg-bracelet-eta2836/

It does not have superlume, AR'ed cyclops like the newer versions have.

I think it is out of stock...

Edited by Pastorius