When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Trusty's ceramic black submariner arrived... WOW! >>>

mike00

My order for a blue Nautilus fell through. There is none to get anymore :(

So I switched my order to one of these in swiss 2836-2

It looks like this is "The best sub" modern style :D

I hope that the picture on there is outdated/wrong. I am looking forward to receiving the same watch, except no date. 

Wow! As far as I can tell, this should be the exact same one as Josh has on his site as well. But on the pictures on those sites, the case does not look 1:1, since I think the crown guards and lugs are still underdimensioned compared to the pictures you have presented here. Is the picures old, or are there different versions?

Look at a GEN CER SUB. The crown guards are very overdimensioned, compared to the older one with non-ceramic bezel. The crown guards on the SUB is also bigger than the crown guard on the GMT-Master II Ceramic, that they used as reference for the old versions of the ceramic sub.

Therefore the recent (older) versions of the Ceramic sub has always had wrong shaped CG's. But this one looks real good, and also the pearl looks more like the GEN, at least as far as I can tell from these pictures. Also the Cer SUB has fatter lugs than the Cer GMT, and this one you have gotten from Trusty seems to have correct shaped lugs as well. Are you sure this is not a GEN you have pictures of here?;-)

So is this one (with correct shaped CG) the actual watch you get, if you order this new model from either PC or Trusty, or is it just from Trusty you get this model? I think the pictures from PC looks to have the wrong shape more pointed CG, that used to be the case with the Cer Subs based on the GEN GMT-Master II case that they dissected to make these replications in the past. Funny thing, tough. The Full Gold version of the same watch from PC seems to have correct shape CG on the website pictures, not like the SS version. I reckon they use the same case for both SS and FG, only applying gold plating?

It is the same watch. they get it from the same supplier/factory

I will get mine from Josh @ PC.....

21j is the cheapes movement you get from China. They are workhorses but it has lower beatrate than the "Swiss" & "Asian" eta 21bps vs 28bps - The latter being much smoother and closer to gen.

The exact same watch as in this review is this one - 

http://www.ttw168.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=352&products_id=10406

21J - Cheapest option.

Asian ETA - Best bang for your money.

Swiss ETA - Best movement for the long run.

Another question I had is that these watches say they have 25J and mike00 said he had a 21J. What is the main difference and how can I get the exact same watch in this review? linK?

Edited by ASCIWhite

How sure are you that I will recieve the same sub from Josh at PC? I see you have a lot of reps in your sig. :)

And thats just the reps I have now :D I have traded and bought many hundreds of reps during the years I have been here at RWG *LOL*

I am 98% sure, because ALL the dealers get watches from the same factories in China... And unless they have large stock (Witch they dont) they all get the newest ones.....

So if you buy from Josh, Andrew, Sead, King, whoever.. Doesent matter. Go for the ones that has the best customer service...

Edited by ASCIWhite

I find no matter how good the watch looks the durability is not really all that good.   The cases and bracelets get beat up much quicker then a gen.   I find the reps get beat up even quicker then Breitlings which never seem to look good after a few years.   Not sure if it is the quality or hardness of the steel but that is what I notice when comparing reps to gens...   Even some gens to other gens.  

I am CONUS and shipping was 50.00 but I bought other watches as well

Ok, cool, thanks.

I've ordered the no date sub. The wait begins.

Nice 1, I see you are in the UK.  Did you noticed on Trusty's site they now ship from UK to Europe for ¢20?  Is that what you got charged at checkout, or was it ¢45?

Be interested to know where yours ships from and how long it takes to arrive from order to delivery.

I'm set on the TT Gold/Black face Sub of Trusty's, but need to wait a little while before I get paid.