When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Trusty's ceramic black submariner arrived... WOW! >>>

mike00

crystal height and spacing of text the main complaints (looks worse in macro shots then real life i suspect) so far, . I am still confused whether one of the customer big crown crystals will fit this model. As apparently if it does it should save you shaving down the crystal gasket as its ever so slightly thinner then the rep crystal.

Can anyone confirm?

It seems the black dial steel case is the way to go, that was until I saw the new pvd version prohunter version and saw that the spacing of the bottom line of text has been fixed, and was about to pull the trigger and then when comparing to the website, they made a stupid mistake by putting PRO-HUNTER rather then PROHUNTER

A prohunter with the everest strap ( http://everestbands.com/shop/submariner-ceramic-everest-band-black/ ) would look really cool - and who would ever have seen the original duo to call you out.

Edited by THXuk

Ordered the other day, and sent payment yesterday, 5h Feb 2013, Andrew is still reachable, but has not said anything to me about CNY affecting my purchase as there is stock in the UK too now.

Waiting on my QC photos to arrive still :(

Picked mine up from the Post Office today and, I must say it’s
a Beauty. Checked the movement and all is working smooth, so I set the time and
date. Next I resized the bracelet to fit my wrist. I then removed all the screws
and replaced them using thread locker. Some were very loose, let it set for a
couple of hours took the bracelet off and soaked it in White Lighting Clean
Ride. That gives it a smooth feel, and takes care of all the squeaks.

I received my QC Pictures on the 17th and received the watch
on the 23rd great ship time. As soon as read how to post pictures again I’ll get
them up.

This was another great transaction with Joshua from Perfect
Clones.

Picked mine up from the Post Office today and, I must say it’s

a Beauty. Checked the movement and all is working smooth, so I set the time and

date. Next I resized the bracelet to fit my wrist. I then removed all the screws

and replaced them using thread locker. Some were very loose, let it set for a

couple of hours took the bracelet off and soaked it in White Lighting Clean

Ride. That gives it a smooth feel, and takes care of all the squeaks.

I received my QC Pictures on the 17th and received the watch

on the 23rd great ship time. As soon as read how to post pictures again I’ll get

them up.

This was another great transaction with Joshua from Perfect

Clones.

Trusty's ceramic black submariner arrived... WOW! >>>

So, what are the tells in this new BP SUB? Is the crystal height the only flaw in this rep? Is it really that close to perfect?
Other than the aforementioned crystal height and OffCert spacing (not exactly deal breakers IMO) the main issues for me have been QC-based - wonky dial markers, lumpy lume application, wonky pearl, loose Glidelock clasp etc. It seems the factory came up with a great design and couldn't be bothered to put it together properly. Having said that I still love mine, warts and all! post-36705-13616986481.jpg post-36705-136169866422.jpg
  • Like 1

Hi all, after reading through this thread I decided to order the black Sub from Andrew as well as my first 'watch'!  It should be here in the next few days.  Just wondering if this will really pass as a Rolex in front of others who own the real deal?  If not, what are the best upgrades to make (dials and glass)??  Can the date window be corrected if it's a tell?  

If you can list out a few to-do's and how to achieve them to a rookie like myself, that would be greatly appreciated!  Thanks!

These days reps are becoming so "gen" like it really is quite difficult to tell the difference. The older reps (those that came out previously) were much more poorly done in terms of overall quality and attention to detail. I am the proud owner of many gens as well as a few reps and honestly sometimes I get them mixed up. I'm sure you are going to be more than happy with your Sub. Good on you for doing the adequate research first. Might I add that I think you chose well. Imo the latest version of the subc is amoung one of the best replicated rolex pieces out there today, especially Andrews.' In short, everyone is going to say "wow nice rolex!" and never take a second guess, unless you're a HUGE aficionado, but then again most of us aficionados will be fooled too! 

Congrats again on the purchase. Looking forward to some good wrist shots!

Cheers!