When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Trusty's ceramic black submariner arrived... WOW! >>>

mike00

Since a year i am fully into rollies. One day for those who don't have the rollie passion...trust me one morning you wake up and want one. My all time favorite is the hulk but the black LN version i started to like more and more. I bought it from Andrew (trustytime) as usual. Rocket fast replies and good QC. Keep up the good work! Sofar the noob was the best to get but imo the BP factory beat them till date. The pearl is pretty less perfect and the case is finally same as per gen regarding lugs and crownguard. Also the rehaut ain't wokky anymore and the bezelinsert is well made, deep numeral engravings. To me the most important issue was the lack of AR on the cyclops. This version has it. Maybe not that strong as per gen but for me good enough. So i will not swap crystal...actually this one doesn't need any modding if you ask me. Many guys up here are suckers for Lume. This version has very strong lume. Also i noticed the divers extension works flawless instead of sliding out when wearing as my noob constanly does. Let's get on to the pictures, hope you guys enjoy them. amehutun.jpga9upu3uq.jpgja4ure4a.jpg6uju7y8a.jpgqa5azubu.jpgazedanud.jpgha2adesa.jpg7uvy6asa.jpgy9y5amys.jpgve9ury2a.jpgupy5yjur.jpghahugave.jpgatygupa2.jpga7a4y5yr.jpgumataru6.jpgezery7ap.jpgusedava9.jpga3etybud.jpgube2u2ep.jpgde6ymyvy.jpg

Edited by mike00
  • Like 1

looks like a brand new black shiny caddilac ! :) the officialy certified is too close together or is it just me? super pro-photos !  :clap2:good value for money with the 21j ,at least you know what your getting im not so sure anymore with so called swiss movements is it a 28,800 beat movement ? 

Wow! As far as I can tell, this should be the exact same one as Josh has on his site as well. But on the pictures on those sites, the case does not look 1:1, since I think the crown guards and lugs are still underdimensioned compared to the pictures you have presented here. Is the picures old, or are there different versions?

Look at a GEN CER SUB. The crown guards are very overdimensioned, compared to the older one with non-ceramic bezel. The crown guards on the SUB is also bigger than the crown guard on the GMT-Master II Ceramic, that they used as reference for the old versions of the ceramic sub.

Therefore the recent (older) versions of the Ceramic sub has always had wrong shaped CG's. But this one looks real good, and also the pearl looks more like the GEN, at least as far as I can tell from these pictures. Also the Cer SUB has fatter lugs than the Cer GMT, and this one you have gotten from Trusty seems to have correct shaped lugs as well. Are you sure this is not a GEN you have pictures of here?;-)

So is this one (with correct shaped CG) the actual watch you get, if you order this new model from either PC or Trusty, or is it just from Trusty you get this model? I think the pictures from PC looks to have the wrong shape more pointed CG, that used to be the case with the Cer Subs based on the GEN GMT-Master II case that they dissected to make these replications in the past. Funny thing, tough. The Full Gold version of the same watch from PC seems to have correct shape CG on the website pictures, not like the SS version. I reckon they use the same case for both SS and FG, only applying gold plating?

Edited by Smab