When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Martian Passport Watch, pairs with your smartphone. Answer calls, display text messages.

TheRefinedSon

Martian Passport Watch - Watches and wrist devices - CNET Reviews
http://reviews.cnet.com/watches-and-wrist-devices/martian-passport-watch/4505-3512_7-35567075.html

So this watch pairs with your smartphone, displays text messages, has a vibrating alert, answering calls ala [censored] Tracy by speaking into the watch. The idea has been around for as long as I can remember. Seems like its just now becoming a useful idea with the advent of the cell phone, text messaging and bluetooth technology. At $300 I'd consider putting one in rotation. What do you guys think? Would such a device have a place in your rotation or is it an abomination not fit for the wrist of a discerning watch enthusiast? 

Just noticed is censored the name "D*ck". Lol!

post-43159-0-04631700-1357773247_thumb.j

Edited by TheRefinedSon

I like it.

"ala [censored] Tracy"  :nono:  [censored] is not allowed on the forum.  Even if [censored] is a person's name.  Imagine if your name was [censored], how would you feel if others found your name so offensive that [censored] was censored?  I know a lot of [censored]'s, all of them are very nice people.  I do have to admit that I feel akward calling them by their first name, [censored], so I usually just call them Sir or Hey...

Watched the video, hate that they cheaped out with the plastic back... in fact, the whole watch is so cheap that I wouldn't even consider wearing it if someone gave it to me.  UGH!

Edited by ThinkBachs

LOLZ at all the [censored]'s! The functionality is what I'm really interested in. I like the idea. Imagine if they could just integrate it into the crystal and have a decent watch underneath. It looks like a normal automatic but when you get a text message the crystal becomes a screen and displays the text or caller info. That would be cool. I have smaller wrists so I like to keep my watches at around 40mm, still if it did everything but the dishes and looked like a handsomely styled analog watch I'd wear a bigger piece. 

Utheman lol! My brother used his ipod nano with a watch strap aftermarket case. Wasn't a fan. Its a good idea that has yet to see its time (no pun intended). Samsung has a flexible screen technology that is pretty nifty. Maybe they should make a wristband that does all the neat things but simply replaces your watches wristband.