When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

The Watch Bitz Tutorial competition!

KB

WE HAVE A WINNER!

Sneed12

An RG modder got the nod for his for his excellent tutorial...ETA 28xx keyless works repair

Winning entry...... http://www.rwgforum.net/topic/154983-official-watch-bitz-competition-thread/?p=1210044

It is with great pleasure that I announce a very generous muti-forum competition which has been devised and fully sponsored by member Offshore and his Watch Bitz Store....

The Watch Bitz Tutorial competition!

$1000 in prizes- U$500 in cash and $500 in Watch Bitz tools credit.
To encourage our budding repairers, and thank our more experienced ‘smiths, we are running a competition over the next 6 weeks, for the best repair/DIY tutorial.
This is a multi forum competition with entries being taken at RWI, RWG.bz, Rep Geek, Homage forum , and RWG.cc.
The best of the entries will be stickied on all forums, with acknowledgement of the producer and his home base.
Rules are simple.
Prepare a tutorial on some aspect of watch making or modifying work and post it here.
It can be written, photo essay and/or video.
The competition will run until February 15.
The entries will be judged by a team made up of a moderator appointed by each forum, and one overall winner will be selected, based on quality of instruction and presentation.
The tutorial must be the writers own work, however previously published tutorials, may be republished , with or without enhancement.

The purpose of this thread will be for open discussion on the above competition, any thread crapping or any post that has no reasonable bearing on the topic will be removed.

​Offshore will be available to answer any questions within this thread and later I shall put up a mirror thread (with link) which will be for entries only.

No discussion will be permitted in the actual competition thread and will be removed regardless of how relevant.

All entries can be posted here...... http://www.rwgforum.net/topic/154983-official-watch-bitz-competition-thread/

Thanks guys, 

I hope we get some superior tutorials from this neck of the woods.

Thanks to the admin and mods, especially KB for their help and encouragement in setting up and runniing this contest.

Lets hope we all get something special out of the exercise.

Offshore

With how many posts can one enter?

Never thought about it.

If someone wants to do a tute and only has one post, I see no reason not to accept an entry.

Experienced members should be ahead in knowledge anyway, so our newer members need all the encouragement we can offer.

O/S

• 2 weeks later...

Well done, & thank you Offshore. This will undoubtedly bring lots of invaluable educational information to the fore, & hopefully enable novices like myself to attempt things that have been a bit too daunting, previously. BTW, I ordered one of your new bracelet & strap kits recently, & it's excellent. Thank you for a great kit, & excellent speedy service. If this competition is as successful as anticipated, I'll no doubt be adding to my new tools in the not to distant future

• 2 weeks later...