When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Art Deco Omega De Ville

Guest TTK

Sorry guys.....you're wrong.......Franck Mullers look like the Omega De Ville....NOT the reverse.....and are essentially retro copies of a much earlier watch.....the famous Gruen Curvex...shaped to fit your wrist and one of the most highly sought after watches of it's time......from the 1930's.......almost every FM model that you see...owes something to the Art Deco period..... .....all Franck Muller did was to try and re-interpret the Gruen Curvex....he even paid homage to the Gruen....by naming his first watches as "Cintree Curvex".!

Edited by TTK

Sorry guys.....you're wrong.......Franck Mullers look like the Omega De Ville....NOT the reverse.....and are essentially retro copies of a much earlier watch.....the famous Gruen Curvex...shaped to fit your wrist and one of the most highly sought after watches of it's time......from the 1930's.......almost every FM model that you see...owes something to the Art Deco period..... .....all Franck Muller did was to try and re-interpret the Gruen Curvex....he even paid homage to the Gruen....by naming his first watches as "Cintree Curvex".!

Thanks, interesting info.

Found a Gruen Curvex. Cool.

12551-4191.jpg

I doubt "old" Gruen has anything to do with the modern Gruen. The new ones are $150 rep/Invicta/Sandoz quality watches... obviously assembled in Far East. They have basic ETA movements inside. Seen a few of them in the watch forums. Probably just someone in Far East using their brand name, just like Henri Sandoz (that used to be a respectable Swiss brand in the "old days").

http://cgi.ebay.com/Mens-See-Thru-Automati...1QQcmdZViewItem

Sorry......after I clear my stocks......nothing more for sale....fed up with this now......I'm going home......I need a rest from all the f****g pinheads that populate these boards......!

They're worried about GAF monitoring the boards........they should worry mora about any wayward psychiatrist wandering in here.....he'd have a field day with some of these guys......present company excluded of cours....!

Neil, next time how about including the specs and price up front when you tempt us? This one was sold even before it was (at least publicly) offered up for sale. I posted a request for case dimensions and price a couple of days ago, but this information was never posted.

If you're not fast ....you're last.......!

A member sent me pp payment without question......just sent $150.00.......and said....."let's work out the details later....if I've paid too much.....we can use the balance towards something else....if I paid too little...just let me know the difference...."....!

Blind faith....a collector's best instinct......and knowledge that this particular dealer won't screw him over......he now has a deposit of $50.00 in the bank of TTK...towards the next 'nice' find..........and a DeVille on it's way to him....a man who knows how to succeed......!

Perfect transaction....!

Edited by TTK