When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

SUPERLUMED SEA DWELLER + Gen Insert - HELP

eduardor

Hi guys,

I just recieved my new superlummed sea dweller and already had a gen insert to go with it, so i removed the pearl with an exacto knife to remove the rep insert wich was glued on to the bezel. When i compared them they seem identical in size, but when i tried to put it on... SURPRISE... the gen insert did not fit so i had to put back the rep insert wich did not needed to be glued again, it snapped right in perfectly.

Any ideas on what mods to do so i can get it to fit?

Thanks in advice

Are you sure it is a Seadweller insert and not a Submariner insert?

This is also a very good point. I'd make sure because it is common to mix up inserts when you have a box full of them. I've sold sub inserts to seadweller owners by accident and its no fun having to realize it when their insert won't snap in

Very good that's the right insert but looks very noticeably thicker so take your girlfriends or wife's nail file and start working down the edge but not to much we want to see those numbers and best way to pop it on is to install most of it by hand by rolling in the insert and when you have that last bit hanging out take your watch and place it on a firm surface and roll the insert on with force and it should snap in. Also make sure you clean the table as to not accidentally scratch the insert with debris. Hope this helps if its still not popping in you will need to grind the metal some on the bezel

Very good that's the right insert but looks very noticeably thicker so take your girlfriends or wife's nail file and start working down the edge but not to much we want to see those numbers and best way to pop it on is to install most of it by hand by rolling in the insert and when you have that last bit hanging out take your watch and place it on a firm surface and roll the insert on with force and it should snap in. Also make sure you clean the table as to not accidentally scratch the insert with debris. Hope this helps if its still not popping in you will need to grind the metal some on the bezel
Thanks Man! I Will do as you said. Ill post some pics when its done.