When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

AP Diver Colourless Cyclops project is finished! Mod yours now :)

edgematic1

Guys,

In September I have posted a thread to gain interest in a colourless cyclops for the AP Diver V3 / V3.5. BigCrown agreed to take the project and we started off. (this was the original thread: http://www.rwgforum.net/topic/150890-interest-in-a-custom-cyclopse-for-the-ap-diver-v3-colourless-ar/)

After a few months, a few prototypes the cyclops is finally done. On the previous samples the AR was still not as colourless as it should be. Now it is.

Let me or BigCrown know if you're interested to get one! Be fast, only limited pieces available, around 70 as we speak. This is the ultimate mod to get your AP Diver the colourless cyclops!

You might know BigCrown his products from the Rolex crystals he produced with the AR'ed cyclops which was of high quality! Note that this cyclops is colourless.

Some members have already paid and PP'd BigCrown. Some member haven't but they did sign up on the list of interested people, which the production quantity was based on.

BigCrown adds this:

"Status:

About half of the members on the original sign up list followed through and paid (thank you for your confidence). I am donating $1,000 of my own funds plus countless hours of my time to do this for the community. Even with my contribution, we still need to sell about 10 more for me to be able to pick up the lenses. Argh!

Anyhow, if you know any members that have not yet paid, please give them a 'nudge' so we can complete this project.

Thank you for your patience and continued passion.

best regards, BC"

photo4-2_zps9f6e61fa.jpg

photo3-3_zps40dec9c1.jpg153.jpg

• Like 1

BigCrown says he can't ship until he gets ~10 more people to pay.

He didn't tell me I was pre-ordering when I sent the money, he didn't tell me it would be 30 days before the cyclops was ready, and he didn't tell anyone until a couple of days ago that he doesn't have enough orders to release the pieces from the factory.

Not real happy about it. 

@Sneed, there are threads on every forum about this cyclops project, I propsed the project and BC agreed on producing it. Offcourse this was going to take time since we wanted a high quality cyclops without any hue, which is not that easy. That took time. This was quite clear from the threads. As for not enough orders, well, if members tell they are interested and willing to send PP immediately as a pre-order then they should do it. Once they need to pay lot's of them backed out...

Somehow I agree what you mean. Nobody is very pleased about it. But in the end we're getting there. We're not talking about a factory here, it's a one man job. I do understand your "frustrations" however. :)

As for pricing:

$47.50 + Shipping per AP Lens

Shipping Prices: shipped from the US to you, so if you are in the United States:
USPS Priority with tracking: $4.95
USPS Express: $18.95

Outside of the United States:
USPS Priority Mail: $18
USPS Express (EMS): $34

@Sneed, there are threads on every forum about this cyclops project, I propsed the project and BC agreed on producing it. Offcourse this was going to take time since we wanted a high quality cyclops without any hue, which is not that easy. That took time. This was quite clear from the threads.

"Quite clear"?

Here is a simple' date=' step by step procedure to remove and install the new Colorless AR Date Cyclops Lenses that will be finished later this month.[/quote']

Posted 16 November.

When I PMed him to ask if he has any, a month after the thread was posted, his answer was "Sure I have some." That's a direct quote from his PM response. No mention that I was joining a pre-order. I didn't figure that out until I saw a different thread over at RWI.

Ultimately, I trust that the guy will deliver eventually and even if he doesn't I'm only out $50. Not a huge deal. But if there was going to be a problem because not enough of them were sold, BC knew about it 60 days ago. No reason we should be finding out about it now.

• 2 weeks later...