When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Vintage Rolex Dial Interest

whoopy12

• 3 weeks later...

Hey everyone! The inks/cliches/misc parts arrived last week. After a few slightly successful trials, I'm still attempting to ascertain the correct ratio of ink/thinner/matte powder to use in the printing process. There seems to be a problem with pad pressure, which I hope to have sorted asap. If my manual padprinter setup doesn't yield satisfactory (i.e. crisp) printed results, I will most likely purchase an automated pad printing press. HOPEFULLY it won't come to that, as I've already sunk way too much money into this venture.

More updates ahead!

- whoop

• Like 1

Hey everyone! The inks/cliches/misc parts arrived last week. After a few slightly successful trials, I'm still attempting to ascertain the correct ratio of ink/thinner/matte powder to use in the printing process. There seems to be a problem with pad pressure, which I hope to have sorted asap. If my manual padprinter setup doesn't yield satisfactory (i.e. crisp) printed results, I will most likely purchase an automated pad printing press. HOPEFULLY it won't come to that, as I've already sunk way too much money into this venture.

More updates ahead!

- whoop

Hi whoop! One question, are you planning to make gilt or tropical dials for 1016?!

• 2 weeks later...

UPDATE NUMERO 2!

After experimenting over the last 2 weeks with my current pad printing setup, I have come to the conclusion that I will have to outsource the printing. There are too many problems I'm encountering because the lack of an automated press.

I have found an outsourcer to print the dials as of yesterday, but find myself in a position where I cannot solely fund the dial printing anymore.

If I can get x20 dial preorders, I can push forward and ship the dials to the printer and have them printed. 

The dial's I have available for pre-ordering are the following:

1. 5517  (26.5mm) $165  

2. 1016  (28mm) $180

3. 5514 comex  (26.5mm) $180 

4. 5513 meters first gilt (26.5mm)

5. 1680 red mk 3 (26.5mm) $180

6. 1665 drsd mk 2 (26.5mm) $180

I have a 6538 dial pictured which will sadly not get produced due to a mix up on gen-spec dial size (I thought it was 26.5mm - it's actually 27mm).

These all have gen-spec diameters, eta feet, and custom fonts that I spent HOURS upon HOURS tracing/converting/creating from numerous high resolution sources.

I'm not sure of the protocol when "preorders" are involved in a thread, so if you're a mod/admin, please contact me! 

- whoop

(below is a snapshot of the lineup - keep in mind it's a jpg: each dial was created via vector in illustrator)

post-43094-0-86515400-1371076262_thumb.p

I would take a 1665 GW rail dial. Pretty please with sugar on top!

. I'd take of these too.

Unfortunately, I've already completed the artwork that will be used in the printing of the dials: unless it's on the list it won't be produced.

I'm going to give this preorder 1 week. If x20 dial orders (pledges) can be made by then, this project can become a reality, otherwise I will be shutting it down. Please add to Aero_dave's list on this thread if you want these to be produced!

- whoop