When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Is this Tag Heur rep any good for $30?

TimeToPretend

100418_350.jpg

specs:

- With date display
- Comfortable rubber band with a traditional buckle
- High crafted finishing and polished for comfortable fit
- Accurate watch movement keep a good time 
- Exquisite design shows the special character for you
- The excellent appearance watch is easy to match your cloth and it is also a perfect decoration
- The mechanical watch is also a good gift for successful man
- Movement Type: Mechanical
- Come with a metal case

I'd normally say yeah, as I'd spend 30 bucks on almost anything but there are a quite a few very glarying issues with that watch even from such a small low pixelated picture, the hands are off not only in fishish but in size and lume, the tachy meter spacing is way way off especially after 80, I dont even see the tag logo where it should be with the huge white font that says grand carerra, the subdial spacing is off as well as the red markers, inner tach spacing color is off too, the crown is a bit small and the color on the tacy is not the same as crown and HE valve. and what I think are called the g screws on the band are way off. I'd pass if I were you

My god TTP it is a 30 dollar watch, you are buying a watch at less than you can get a Timex at Walmart. It is a sh*t rep but it may tell time so it is a watch, dude you have to get real on your expectations at those price points.

You took the words right out of my mouth, bud. But all I need to know is whether or not it LOOKS half-decent. It could break after 6 months for all I care. I just don't want to get called out wearing it. :-/

You may or may not depending on where you go, TTP like I said expectations do you think a lot of us spend big bucks if a 30$ was just Jim fine dandy. :bangin: 

Ok you want the real deal : it is a piece of sh*t most likely and it will not take an AD (authorized dealer) to notice like the ones we buy. Look I understand I am not rich just buy wear and enjoy if you want a good one save up. But stop asking if under 200$ reps are any good cause they are not. (even at 200 pretty sketchy why do you think we mod them :g: ) Sorry but that is the truth, when you get the $ together PM me I will try and point you to a good value. :pimp: Not until! :weight_lift2:

This watch is a piece of crap and it's about $130.00. If you want a cheap Tag Rep, this is a lot better and about as cheap as anything decent will be. The GMT indication is wrong, The grand date is horrible, TAG logo is wrong! This Model is not a Chrono and will function more or less as gen, stay away from Chrono models unless you are willing to pay over $200 for a watch, or go with quartz (don't do this). Unless you run into someone with a Gen Grand Carrera, or a watch fetish like everyone on this site, and you can abstain from pointing it out to anyone (just let people notice it on their own) everyone will just assume it's gen (but won't notice). A Calibre 36RS is really hard to pull off, especially with a non functioning chronograph!

post-44290-0-72326100-1359113314_thumb.j

http://www.puretime.co/product/grand-carrera-calibre-8-ss-black-dial-a23j/

My advice is don't buy it.........and not because its gonna get called out by someone you know or worse still someone you don't who will rib you for it  ;) ........I say don't buy it because YOU will know how bad it is and therefore you won't want to wear it.  

Save a few bucks when you can and buy a better watch in a few months   ;)  as the guys have said already there are much better Tag reps out there and for not a lot of $$ you can get a rep that you can wear and not worry about all the time mate, cheap $30 watches are just that....cheap!   

You took the words right out of my mouth, bud. But all I need to know is whether or not it LOOKS half-decent. It could break after 6 months for all I care. I just don't want to get called out wearing it. :-/

You WILL get called out, its a $30 rep and its no way gonna look like the real stuff. You will have better bet with Price Angel Sub or their GMT Pepsi. However with their price going up recently, it will be better get a noobmariner or sort.

You might be better off getting a low end noob mariner which will cost a bit over 100. The first rep I bought was on canal street for 40 bucks. It lasted about 2 weeks, and was a total waste of money. I worry that you will end up with something similar. I get the feeling you are not buying from a trusted dealer, and thus there is a higher chance you will get ripped off.

• 2 weeks later...