When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Heavy Metal

ubiquitous

Thanks for the kind words everyone.

To answer a few questions... The El Primero Daytona gets the most wrist time out of the lot; almost every day actually. It's also one of my favorite builds to date.

A bit more detail on each piece...

The first on the left is my new Daytona project- This time, I went with an aftermarket case/bezel/crystal/caseback/pushers, genuine dial, gen hands, gen crown, gen bracelet with aftermarket ends and rep clasp. An El Primero 400 will be powering this one, as with the genuine 16520.

152869-14399.jpg

Next to it is my first El Primero Daytona project- Genuine case/bezel/crystal/back, gen hands, gen crown/pushers, repainted dial on a genuine base. Movement is an El Primero 400 with an Ebel 134 rotor.

152869-14400.jpg

152869-14401.jpg

Following is my DW 6265 with genuine Valjoux 23 transplanted in place of the mystery movement. Genuine Tropic 21 installed, along with genuine crown and springbars. On this one, a combination of V72, V23 and mystery movement hands were used. Ziggy did an excellent job with servicing and sorting out some small issues on this one. Turned out great!

152869-14402.jpg

To the right of the DW is my MBW 1665. This one has been an involved project; lots of trial and error with parts, etc. This one has a Genuine T39 (flat), genuine insert, genuine crown and tube, slow beat 2846 (21600bph), watchmeister prototype v2.0 datewheel, lugs drilled, genuine springbars, genuine 78360 bracelet with 580 ends and 93150 clasp.

152869-14403.jpg

Next up is my 16610 frankenstein. Started with a TW Best(?) case from EL, and added a TWG 21j dial, bracelet and caseback, then fitted a genuine insert, crown and tube. This one has a nice, deep rehaut, great 2.5x datemag and near invisible crown etch at 6:00 (visible with a loupe, and with the 'Service Replacement "S" at the base of the crown).

152869-14404.jpg

Last but not least is my project 16622 from EL. So far, mods are at a minimum, but this one has reshaped CG's as well as a gen crown and tube installed. Waiting on a custom dial for this one... Unfortunately, I don't have any great pics of this one...

152869-14405.jpg

unmodded pic

152869-14406.jpg

CG's and tube with shaped guards.

Left out a couple of others, as they will be departing the collection shortly. The Yacht-Master will be given to my Uncle in the next few weeks, so technically, I shouldn't have included it, but what the hey.

Sorry for the old outdated pics.. I have not had much chance to take new ones as of late.

Thanks for looking!

R

What, no PAM's? :lol: Stunning collection. But don't wear that gen Daytona too often or you are going to lose your rep street creds. :D Seeing your SD makes me long for my beautiful White SD which, compliments of all your great help, sits with Rob awaiting that "crowning touch". ;)

Crowns only this time... :lol:

Can't wait to see your 1665 finished! With the finishing touch, it's going to look sweet!

From left to right:

-El Primero project #2 (now with white dial)

-El Primero project #1

-DW 6265 with Swiss Valjoux 23 transplanted and other mods

-MBW 1665 modified with genuine parts

-Frankenstein 16610 modified with TWG 21j Sub and genuine parts

-Modded 16622 YM

:bangin:

Well done. If I were wearing a hat, it would be tipped in your direction.