When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

PO Ceramic QC pics

nwolf1716

Not to go off topic, but I've been looking for one of these too. Where did you get yours? You got any photos of it?

They weren't available for the longest! Demand was high so they remade it. Got mine from trusty and its dead on super rep! Must have for any collection!

Thanks for the repost Cougar.  When is yours coming?  I hope you give us your review..

They are in the country here since last Thursday morning, but in bloody customs! I should hopefully have them by next Tues/Weds all going good. If they arrived Wed last I could've had them yesterday.... before this weekend!, ...but sods law and all that :D

I'll be sure to give some feedback when I get them. I'm not the best photographer but I'll definitely try and throw some sort of review/feedback together.

My 42mm from Josh apparently cleared customs Friday and is at a UK sorting office. Thi is pretty impressive considering i ordered on the 1st Feb, and it managed to squeeze out just before CNY. Hope my dopey postman treats it with a bit more care than usual. Will try and post some pics if it shows up tomorrow.

I have the gen, and I have to say that the rep is quite good, almost nailed it.

Except the issues already raised in the thread, another flaw is the date numerals. In the gen they are silvered, in the rep they seem white.

The movement obviously is the biggest tell, but the OMEGA writing is also an easy tell.

The pearl, however, is almost perfect. It's a tiny tiny bit too big, and not perfect in shape, but it's close enough to pass in any real life situation.

Yea l luv the orange also but was hoping for the durability of the ceramic! I hate when the metal bezels get scratches. I went for the 45mm cause I luv the larger watches 44mm and up. I think the smaller watches look really dated. To classic for me although I own a few my fav has got to be the JLC NSD!

Hey guys this is one of our favorite TD's opinion on this thread. I won't divulge his name because its not important. Just take note

the funny thing at this stage replicas are already so well made but there are way too many nit pickers in the forums... thats one of the reason I stay off there and keep my mind on servicing customers who are good and understand replicas are replicas... JOshua and I have come a long way since 10-11 years back and we rather put our efforts on making new stuff with factories than to boast in the forums who is making what and posting information there... because alot of IP police is lurking in the forums and targeting dealers and factories down.....

Sometimes its better to keep quiet and stay low profile.

So enjoy the hobby fellas a rep is a rep AR or not

I suppose it's Andrew at Trusty Times and the usual cartel speech :)

OT: Sorry, but I appreciate the efforts Angus makes with staying on the forums and pushing projects like the Linde Werdelin and the Tudor Black Bay.

Back on topic, I think the new PO looks great. I am contemplating the pumpkin after CNY.

I have the 42mm gen version if anyone interested in pictures and the new rep made me realize my pearl is not perfectly centered:

7425281396_4f63f27224_c.jpg

7425280808_33267cc97b_c.jpg

7425280484_0e9c56405c_c.jpg

Hey guys this is one of our favorite TD's opinion on this thread. I won't divulge his name because its not important. Just take note

the funny thing at this stage replicas are already so well made but there are way too many nit pickers in the forums... thats one of the reason I stay off there and keep my mind on servicing customers who are good and understand replicas are replicas... JOshua and I have come a long way since 10-11 years back and we rather put our efforts on making new stuff with factories than to boast in the forums who is making what and posting information there... because alot of IP police is lurking in the forums and targeting dealers and factories down.....

Sometimes its better to keep quiet and stay low profile.

So enjoy the hobby fellas a rep is a rep AR or not

Edited by Collin24

"a rep is a rep, AR or not..." hmmmm yea a rep will always be miles apart from its gen counterpart, and yeah a few can get ott with the nitpicking etc BUT when its described as having double AR with highest clarity crystal and hume just like gen etc etc when it clearly doesnt is pretty misleading...the 42mm obviously has a better crystal...i think alot of people were just dissapointed about the 45mm being described wrong...

Edited by bamcky2k

roll on v2 with updated caseback markings but incorrect date window on dial...then v3 with correct dial and thinner omega logo but seamaster engraved on clasp...then v4 etc etc haha yea overall its pretty solid, shame about some of the flaws...im 90% ready to get a 45mm after cny and see if my theory is correct on it using the same crystal as the older 45mm upo by buying a gen older style crystal and seeing if it will indeed fit this case...if it doesnt, can always flip the watch to another buyer and list the gen crystal on ebay to the highest bidder...but if it works...mmmmmmm

Having lived with my new 42mm for a couple of days now.

Looks great to me from a cosmetic point of view, any minor flaws (and there are a few that others have mentioned already mainly with the omega lettering) are minor enough for me to not have any hang ups about wearing it. Also very pleased how easy it was to adjust the bracelet myself, having read all the old horror stores about breaking pins etc etc - just a few tiny screws and pins to worry about.

My only issues are the vagueness of the crown and tube when screwing it back in. Bit worried that may cause some grief in the future, for now it's ok, but I won't be putting this baby anywhere near the water. Also the clasp doesn't give a nice big snap when closing, it's shut but I have a feeling this may work loose in the future.

On balance, glad I waited 12 months for the ceramic version, and very happy with Josh's service - order 1st feb, arrived 11th. Not 100% perfect, but not a million miles away.

• Like 1

I think this is going to be a fun piece. AR mod is def. going to be needed. I've been out of the game for a while now last time K222 did one for me.  Who does AR now ?  

Are gen parts available for the current model ceramic POs ?? Im having wild dreams of a custom Ti Pumpkin attachicon.gifTi 1.jpg  :)

Did you receive yet; any more pictures you could share?  Curious about the titanium color and dial color in different lighting conditions.

Edit:  Just saw your post on another thread.  Looks good.  The double AR makes a big difference in this piece on the gen.

Edited by jnkay

Having lived with my new 42mm for a couple of days now.

Looks great to me from a cosmetic point of view, any minor flaws (and there are a few that others have mentioned already mainly with the omega lettering) are minor enough for me to not have any hang ups about wearing it. Also very pleased how easy it was to adjust the bracelet myself, having read all the old horror stores about breaking pins etc etc - just a few tiny screws and pins to worry about.

My only issues are the vagueness of the crown and tube when screwing it back in. Bit worried that may cause some grief in the future, for now it's ok, but I won't be putting this baby anywhere near the water. Also the clasp doesn't give a nice big snap when closing, it's shut but I have a feeling this may work loose in the future.

On balance, glad I waited 12 months for the ceramic version, and very happy with Josh's service - order 1st feb, arrived 11th. Not 100% perfect, but not a million miles away.

Missed this earlier, only seeing it now. ...Thanks for the solid feedback Wooln!

Edited by cougar1