When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Recoup money via PP

iceshark099

About 2 weeks back I bought something from an international seller. I got the tracking info and then a week later got my package. The only problem was it was not what i had ordered, it was basically junk. I have tried contacting the seller but of course nothing. Is my best course of action to open a PayPal claim?

I am afraid he will win since he sent me tracking info and they say its hard to get your money back if they can prove they sent a package. Is this true?

• Like 1

About 2 weeks back I bought something from an international seller. I got the tracking info and then a week later got my package. The only problem was it was not what i had ordered, it was basically junk. I have tried contacting the seller but of course nothing. Is my best course of action to open a PayPal claim?

I am afraid he will win since he sent me tracking info and they say its hard to get your money back if they can prove they sent a package. Is this true?

I would most definitely start a PP claim, and not always do they side with the seller if they provide a valid tracking number, I know they didn't side with me when i sold something awhile back to someone overseas, they claimed that what they received was just an empty box it even though it wasn't, and I lost.  Has that happened to anyone else?? People are so dishonest these days.

Hope everything works out, Good Luck

Just open the case, I hate Paypal with a passion but this is what they've set themselves up as so go with it. As long as this is not a rep and a legitimate item then just open a 'not as described' case and photograph as much as you can. i.e. detail what you were supposed to receive vs what you received. Be nice and concise with them as if you were talking to a child. Follow the prompts with the process and see what sellers response is, if no input from seller then it gets escalated to a dispute and then its a bit of a lottery, but you have the advantage as the buyer. You've already done the first steps in trying to resolve directly with the seller so move to the next steps.

Good luck with it.

That's my problem I don't want to get screwed over just because has tracking information so he can prove that he sent the package even though the contents were not what I ordered. I just want To know if I need to submit pictures or how the whole PayPal dispute process works

Let me share my experience. A couple of times I have been in your shoes. The last one arrived with tracking in a box and I thought the box was a little small and light. My suspicion was correct....I opened the box and found a dirty rag. I was furious. I immediately filed a paypal dispute and selected 'Not as described' and got turned down. Paypal's reason was that they do not guarantee or warranty the quality differences..from a rag?!. I could not believe it myself. I am not saying your case is hopeless but use mine as an example of what not to do. My 2 cents and good luck.