When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

The new iMac 27"

martijnp

Hi guys,

After the burglary last summer there where a lot of things stolen. One of those things was my Mac. Of course the insurance company gave me the money to buy a new one but I didn’t want that same model because it was out dated. So I’ve started waiting for the announcement of the new new iMac 27”. 

And wednesday the delivery man brought me a nice package.

im1aj.jpg

Specs:

•           27-inch
  •           3,4 GHz quad-core Intel Core i7, Turbo Boost 3,9 GHz
  •           8 GB RAM
  •           Fusion drive 1TB
  •           NVIDIA GeForce GTX 675MX 1GB

im2mb.jpg

I took some pictures with the Macbook Pro 15" and a Macbook Air 11" so you can see how BIG that iMac 27" is! 

im5b.jpg

im3us.jpg

im4k.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

he new 27" with i7 core is not a bad unit to get. You can max out the ram yourself to 16gb for less than 150 dollars. The side profile of the ones is ridiculous.

I say do it! I have something very similar, but with the old case design.

I know about the RAM, I was between the 8GB or the 16GB when I bought this iMac. The 16GB was 200euro more expensive so I thought I will do this myself and save some money (....to buy a watch...) ;)

I was a bit dissaponted when I saw the new iMac in person, they had kept showing this super slim side profile and then when I saw the thing in person it's got a huge bulge in the middle on the back!

Apple seem to hide this well in their litrature as you have done Sir in your pictures ;)

Lovely machines though regardless of a belly bulge :)

• 6 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

That's a very nice set-up you've got there. I have a 2008 iMac model with 1GB of RAM, and 2.4ghz running Snow Leopard, which probably is something that I should not be running because it is so damn slow. On my other computer I am running Hackintosh Mavericks DP1 on my set-up because I love Apple's products.

• 2 weeks later...