When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

New Ceramic Bezel 2013 Release Omega Planet Ocean-Short Review

indywatchguy

The AR is not bad but definitely not double sided. The band and clasp feel a little cheap and flimsy not as good as other Omega rep bands I've felt but overall its a solid watch. The lume is good pretty close to superluminova. The dial is crisp with lots of detail. The bezel is smooth not to loose or tight. The date wheel changes smoothly both manually and automatically. Probably NOT a super rep and could have been priced about $50 cheaper. Overall I like this watch not sure if I love it yet. BTW the infamous LM logo everyone hates is actually engraved pretty deep so I don't think it would be a good idea to try and remove it. This baby will get lots of wrist action. Enjoy to the Max Gents!

Attached Images
  • post-45848-0-12874000-1360722257.jpg
  • post-45848-0-55237800-1360722228.jpg
  • post-45848-0-55356100-1360722343.jpg
  • post-45848-0-52917100-1360722333.jpg
  • post-45848-0-65459400-1360722321.jpg
  • post-45848-0-89790700-1360722309.jpg
  • post-45848-0-33983500-1360722298.jpg
  • post-45848-0-11774400-1360722289.jpg
  • post-45848-0-39181600-1360722278.jpg
  • post-45848-0-43209700-1360722268.jpg
  •  

Thanks for the nice review!

Next time when posting pics of a watch please consider not to include knives or or other kind of weapons.

It might just be me, but I'm really offended by guns.

I hope you understand that it is not my intention to p!ss you off.

Otherwise a very fine review.

Point taken fit n time but remember guys it's a JAMES BOND watch! I was going with the Bond theme. If you're familiar with character and movies He carries a small gun and knife. I've seen other members take theme photos as well. Lol no one complained about the cute white teddy bear paw

• Like 1

And let's be fair some members enjoy seeing the watch paired with the tools of the trade of a secret agent. Should we only consider what you guys like and approve of????this world is about acceptance and tolerance. We can't please everyone. That's why I only posted one pic of that nature. Hope all can just enjoy the watch! Thanks!

• Like 1

@Wolf of course not they always wear the classic 42mm but its still in the Bond genre. Consider the 45mm for the larger muscle bound secret agent ;) who wearing the 42mm makes him look like he's wearing his girlfriends watch :lol2:

Thanks for the post Wolf!

@cougar excuse my noobism but what exactly do you mean by half turns?

:) Either half turns or (full turns) of the crown rotation when screwing it in from the time it grabs the tube threads until it is fully screwed in (stopped) ....some people call it in full turns, or half turns, half turns is probably due to how far the wrist can rotate the crown (180 degrees). Just wondering how yours is on that one?

Edited by cougar1

• 2 weeks later...

Update gents I retested the Lume and I stand corrected IT IS SUPERLUMINOVA! I woke up at 2am and my watch was still glowing! Awesome! I retract my earlier comment. I do believe the new Omega Ceramic Planet Ocean is a strong contender for being a SUPER REP! Enjoy to the max! :clap2:  :clap2:  :clap2: 

Edited by Indywatchguy

@hazey just the room light and yes it does glow faintly in certain low level situations(lift or bus) after being exposed to sunlight. The more intense the sunlight the brighter it will be. Hope this helps with your decision. I highly recommend this rep but if you're going for the 45mm I would recommend waiting til the second batch is released because supposedly the factory is putting the proper AR on it. I pretty happy with my mine as is. If they offer an upgrade for those who already purchased I may take them up on it depending on the turn around time. I like this watch so much I'd hate to be without it for an extended time. :)