When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Looking for help in Nor Cal - 6263 repair

pitzercody

So I have been sporting my Spin 6263 Daytona for several years now, done some basic upgrades but still have the original spin modified movement in it.  Well last night my daughter thought it would be a great idea to wash daddy's watch for him and proceeded to submerge it for several hours in a glass of water with the crown open.  I opened the watch and tried to dry it out but alas the mainspring won't hold power any longer and I fear the movement is dead.  I tried PMing Spin but was unable to connect.  Are there any other collectors here in the SF bay area that could recommend a good person to take a look at this bad boy and potentially get it up and running again.  your help is GREATLY appreciated.

I tried to email spin a week or so ago,wanting info on a gold 6263. No reply either. Maybe it has something to do with CNY? If you can't get in touch with spin,possibly MD2020 would have a look. Is yours an A7750 with the rotor and autowind mechanism removed?

I got a guy in SJ that, while I haven't taken reps to, has always taken care of me in an expedited and reasonable manner.

For a quick fix, I HAVE taken a rep over to the kiosk in Miliptas' Great Mall  (movement swap, and hand fell off).  I'm sure they just farmed it out, but it was taken care of.

-k