When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

I am torn between these two options..

dditty708

YG/YG 2008 GMT Black Swiss 2836  vs.  Black FG Sub Swiss Eta2836-2

I am trying to compare these two waches and decide what to purchase next. Yes, I do want all all gold or TT gold watch. I need you expert optionons on what is a more accurate rep? Here are my two options both from Andrew. 

http://www.ttw168.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=352&products_id=10443

or

http://www.ttw168.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=352&products_id=9544

What do you think is the better option?

SSTEEL I am not an expert on reps, but I read on RWG eveyday.. What exactly does a regulator do? Can you explain and show me some pics compared to the Gen?

Here's a tagged photo of my Swiss ETA 2386-2 for comparison my friend.  Hope it helps.

8491302127_87822a7c1e_b.jpg

The regulator is to the left of the title words "Close up".  This basically allows you to fine tune the movement to get it more accurate.

Here's a better photo showing the regulator.. (+&-)

8488845924_c87b14c674_b.jpg

Edited by SSTEEL

why doesn't that movement have a regulator? It's listed as a Swiss ETA 2836 modified??

I have no idea, so would suggest dditty708 asking Andrew about this.

SSTEEL thanks for the pictures and the knowledge. Do you have any input on the accuracy of the watches other than the regulator?

I don't have any experience with those ETA movements, but my ETA keeps perfect time.  Maybe those are cloned ETA?  I'm unsure, best to ask Andrew mate.