When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

111 is done...

projectologist

Started out awhile back with a spare Noob V3 case set. Got the dial and movement (having visited The Zigmeister for the Inca-bloc anti-shock mod) and case back from another member. J series hands from my parts box.

I polished the bevels and teeth of the ratchet and crown wheels as well the edges of the bridge plates. Both wheel screws were flattened and polished too.

With the cg, I shortened the lever tip a little, flattened both the lever and roller bearing pins. The lever pin was re-installed slightly recessed below flush. Last, the entire case was polished to a more gen-like finish.

I'm not a big fan of sandwich dials, but this one is growing on me. I may actually keep it for a couple of more weeks

Some pics from this afternoon... iPhone 4 and Camera+...

111cc.jpg

111dd.jpg

111bb.jpg

111ff.jpg

111ee.jpg

Edited by projectologist
  • Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

absolutely stunning.

a little remark:

if you want to make it perfect, its important also to match exactly the numbers:

OP6567 E PAM 111 Luminor Marina Steel 44mm Luminor Marina

serial E:

E-series: June 2002-June 2003

hope this can be useful to many

;)

regards

Lorenzo

absolutely stunning.

a little remark:

if you want to make it perfect, its important also to match exactly the numbers:

serial E:

;)

regards

Lorenzo

Are you saying it should be OP6567?

The one he has is a N Serial OP6727, as noted by the caseback engraving. 

absolutely stunning.

a little remark:

serial E:

;)

regards

Lorenzo

I don't understand what your comment has to do with my post re. my 111 N series (2012 with the right numbers) build ;)

But you do have your numbers right for a 111E... here's my 111E build ...

picapp06.jpg

Edited by projectologist

ive looked the 4' pic of the 1 post, where the case number seemed to be wrong...(as also confirmed by chibiunko)

the last one is correct..

;)

to answer to chibiunko, yes, the case number must be 6567, serial E...

i will post maybe some reference matrix of cases, serial, if interesting for someone

Edited by lo1700

ive looked the 4' pic of the 1 post, where the case number seemed to be wrong...(as also confirmed by chibiunko)

the last one is correct..

;)

to answer to chibiunko, yes, the case number must be 6567, serial E...

i will post maybe some reference matrix of cases, serial, if interesting for someone

All of the numbers are correct with the PAM 111N I posted in my first post.  The OP number 6727 is correct for the N series serial number.  All of the numbers are correct on this caseback for the N series 111 :)

You must be new to Panerai... the numbers change every year with a new series designation starting with the next letter of the alphabet corresponding to the year of release.  The "O" series are showing up now.

111ff.jpg

Edited by projectologist

:)just to be clear. It was not a critical...I was absolutely delighted to see this work. I just wanted to make notice a thing for me not correct. And no, I'm not new to Panerai... I know perfectly the Millesimation and numbering.. ;)

I know you were not being critical.  I just wanted you to know everything is correct.  All of the numbers on my watch are correct for the N series.  The E series are different numbers. 

The numbers change every year with each new 111 series ;)

Maybe someone else can comment and explain it more clearly to you.

Edited by projectologist