When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Trusty Time Customer Service

knguyenk

I'm wondering if anyone has ever had to send their rep back to their seller for repairs and how long it took for a turn-around. My UPO V5 42mm had suffered from the crown/tube issue and on top of that it stopped working. Upon closer inspection (removing the case back) the movement was missing a screw that held it to the case and caused something to snap in the movement that caused it to stop. So I emailed Andrew of Trusty Time and he was kind enough to take the watch back and repair it, that was 12/26/12 and no updates (besides being processed through a sorting facility in China on 1/5/13) to the tracking number that USPS gave me to track. I understand that February is a no good time for any package to be stuck in transit (because of Chinese New Year and additional holidays) but it's been almost 3 months. Any suggestions on what I should do? I've sent emails back and forth for a while and I just sent an email before making this post for any updates. Thank you.

• Like 1

I'm also dealing with TT right now, and feel that any delays, confusion, lack of comms etc is simply down to the CNY, and them being swamped with work.  Give it another week, and see what happens, although, 3 months is a long time.

IMHO: The best way to send it back to the dealer is using USPS Exress service and eventhough the shipping cost is high (about $33 from the eastcoast if I remember correctly) you have a piece of mind knowing where it is using the tracking number and the dealer can't deny of not getting it. I have done that a few times without any problems. Sometime you can work with the dealer about the shipping cost. Another fellow Vietnamese, welcome.

• Like 1

I'm also dealing with TT right now, and feel that any delays, confusion, lack of comms etc is simply down to the CNY, and them being swamped with work.  Give it another week, and see what happens, although, 3 months is a long time.

I'm giving the CNY the benefit and giving it a few weeks, Andrew replied back saying that they were backlogged and are processing their return packages this week. Fingers crossed.

IMHO: The best way to send it back to the dealer is using USPS Exress service and eventhough the shipping cost is high (about $33 from the eastcoast if I remember correctly) you have a piece of mind knowing where it is using the tracking number and the dealer can't deny of not getting it. I have done that a few times without any problems. Sometime you can work with the dealer about the shipping cost. Another fellow Vietnamese, welcome.

I think I should of gone with the Express service instead of First-Class Package International Service Registered Mail.

Thanks

It is common practice for a trusted dealer to take 3 months to turn around a repair. A lot of that is mail delivery.

Normally, I recommend that the buyer accepts reality and sends the watch to a trusted watch technician in their home country. It's safer, and a better choice. "FREE" is not always best.

It is common practice for a trusted dealer to take 3 months to turn around a repair. A lot of that is mail delivery.

Normally, I recommend that the buyer accepts reality and sends the watch to a trusted watch technician in their home country. It's safer, and a better choice. "FREE" is not always best.

Ah, I wasn't aware of that. It was not the best idea to send it back during the US holiday season that followed up with the Chinese New Year and miscellaneous holidays.

I thought of taking it to a watch technician locally, but I was concerned that they may not fix it or destroy it if they figure out it was a replica.

Yea it does take awhile during CNY. That's absolutely the worse time to send anything to China :nono: . Always wait til after February. I just returned by Breitling Banana Seawolf because I didn't catch the lack of lume dots in the QC pics :bangin: Andrew is a gentlemen and gave me exact instructions on the best way to ship it back to avoid customs issues. He recommend sending it first class registered via USPS and NO other way NOT express NOT overnight NOT EMS UPS FEDEX etc cause Chinese customs WILL open these and further inspect. Sooo with that being said BE LIKE WATER MY FRIEND and be patient :inverted: Trust me I understand its rough....but fortunately I've got my JLC NSD to keep me busy :clap2: ...GOD I love that watch!You have got to get you one! Its a true SUPER REP! Enjoy to the max!!!!!!

Yea it does take awhile during CNY. That's absolutely the worse time to send anything to China :nono: . Always wait til after February. I just returned by Breitling Banana Seawolf because I didn't catch the lack of lume dots in the QC pics :bangin: Andrew is a gentlemen and gave me exact instructions on the best way to ship it back to avoid customs issues. He recommend sending it first class registered via USPS and NO other way NOT express NOT overnight NOT EMS UPS FEDEX etc cause Chinese customs WILL open these and further inspect. Sooo with that being said BE LIKE WATER MY FRIEND and be patient :inverted: Trust me I understand its rough....but fortunately I've got my JLC NSD to keep me busy :clap2: ...GOD I love that watch!You have got to get you one! Its a true SUPER REP! Enjoy to the max!!!!!!

I returned a PAM rep that would gain 4 hours a day. It took 3.5 months for the turn around but it did happen.

Dave

Ah, this gives a better insight and a bit more assurance. Thanks I'll just have to emphasize a bit of patience.

• Like 1

On many long journeys have I gone. And waited, too, for others to return from journeys of their own. Some return; some are broken; some come back so different only their names remain.

--YODA, Dark Rendezvous

post-4000-0-39893300-1362261753_thumb.jp

On many long journeys have I gone. And waited, too, for others to return from journeys of their own. Some return; some are broken; some come back so different only their names remain.

--YODA, Dark Rendezvous

post-4000-0-39893300-1362261753_thumb.jp

• 2 weeks later...

One of my friends had a rep sent back to the factory for repair. (I do not remember the TD-name). All worked very well, but it took about some months! That is of course the worst part; to wait. Unfortunately no other alternative to make the job...

But when the watch returned all sad memories of the waiting was gone!

(Good things comes to those who wait!)

Good luck!

One of my friends had a rep sent back to the factory for repair. (I do not remember the TD-name). All worked very well, but it took about some months! That is of course the worst part; to wait. Unfortunately no other alternative to make the job...

Good luck!

Thank you, I think I'm going to shoot an email to Andrew and see if there was any updates. So far nothing to report.

Keeping fingers crossed that everything will be fine for you in the end!

And also that these annoying crackdown/anti-counterfeit-weeks will finish soon...

Thanks, I've haven't heard anything yet. I can't believe how long it can take for something to be sent from the US to China.

• 2 weeks later...

Good luck!

UPDATE: Indeed that is the case for good things come for people that wait. I just got an email from Andrew this morning with QC pics of the watch going through the QC checks (movement particularly) and the pic of the EMS slip with the name and adress.  :clap2:

I think this has really made my morning and I hope that when I do receive it back that the watch back, that it will hopefully run great (as it had issues winding through the counterweight/rotor before it stopped all together) and those crown issues are all but gone.