When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

POrikaa Movement replacement

Jetpac

Hi folks, my POrikaa 42mm i bought a few years ago (following recommendations on here as my first rep) has developed an issue with a broken datewheel.

Date no longer changes, nor can it be adjusted with the crown. Still ticks thoug.. just cant bring myself to wear it with the date knackered as it is

I'm assuming the solution is a new movement?

Its only a cheapy rep (cost £75 or so at the time) but i cant afford just to dump and replace it.

I'm assuming the movement is a DG2813: Is a straight movement replacement and datewheel swap easy to do? (bare in mind that i am a total newb and haven't so much as even  taken the case back off a watch, but am not technically inept.)

If so what tools would i need, what would be the cheapest place to get them and would the DG2813 movement sold @ Cousins (im in the UK) fit the bill as i have read a few issues with different cannon pin heights.

If you've never even opened a case back, a movement swap attempt will only ruin the watch further. Sell it for parts and get another POrika, I think Reg is holding stock as we speak.

If you already have watch tools sitting around and you were just waiting for an excuse to try your 1st repair, then thats different, go for it.

If you've never even opened a case back, a movement swap attempt will only ruin the watch further. Sell it for parts and get another POrika, I think Reg is holding stock as we speak.

If you already have watch tools sitting around and you were just waiting for an excuse to try your 1st repair, then thats different, go for it.

Well i wouldn't mind giving it a go.

I do not have any tools currently, what would i need and how much would i be looking at spending on tools?

Would a POrikaa sell for parts well? (in the above described condition)

UPDATE:

Have found out date changes with the time ticking over at midnight, so i can adjust the date by hand by winding the watch forward a full day.

However when i pull the crown to position 2 it just spins freely. position 1 and 3 work as they should do.

Could this maybe be a simple fix rather than a full movement change?

Well with these these cheap Chinese movements nothing is an 'easy' fix. As others have mentioned you are better off just trying to live with it. You could install a new movement as they are cheaper than a repair job but they will still set you back around $15-$25. Add shipping and the labour costs of a watchmaker and you are better off buying a whole new watch. You could keep the old one for parts or sell it to recover some of the investment.