When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Planet Ocean 45.5 Titanium: Anyone got one yet?

seraphe

After receiving my 42mm CrPO, I'm in for another: the 45.5mm Titanium.

However, when I looked long and hard at the dealer's pics, I can't justify the flaws (may be minor to some):

8526943962_2b64248dea_b.jpg

Gen on top two and rep QC (from Josh's website) on botton two

1. Pearl height: sticking out a little too much. Gen seem to stick out but not just as much.

2. Pearl position: too low. Gen shows more center within the triangle.

3. Ceramic bezel: not as glossy as gen. I wonder if this can be improved by Cape Cloth. Anyone can verify?

4. AR: not as good as gen or 42mm. I was told the 2nd batch will have better AR.

Other than that, I can only guess the rest are true enough to the gen (except the movement, of course). If you have received one of these reps, please share it with us. Thanks.

8526944852_14b5af4dbd_b.jpg

Here's some pics of a gen for your enjoyment:

8525835325_bd02111c56_b.jpg

8525835311_ce7bf3881c_b.jpg

8525835259_a2854d70c7_b.jpg

8526948216_a68c0bd301_b.jpg

8526948160_23bb82c9ce_b.jpg

Nice gen pics! I don't think many have bought yet, a few across the forums. Surprisingly the blue colour looks pretty good for a rep, usually they get it pretty wrong but this seems close. I would like to see more info also. I agree on the dw and what they've done with the pearl vs the ceramic 45mm rep is a surprise. With all these new PO reps they are good but each has minor cosmetic issues which are solved (or near solved) on the another rep version. We usually excuse these things with an 'ah but they are reps' excuse but really the attention to detail could have been better with them all.

82kuba had some rl pics here of the blue LM: http://www.rwgforum.net/topic/155637-finally-new-planet-ocean-ceramic-coming/page-6

...bottom of page. I don't know if he picked up another one.

Just got mine love it Doing an oem crystal and something else Almost bought then until I realized only an ahole pays 6k for an omega non chrono auto then I bought the new jumbo white explorer instead The supposed pearl location flaw couldn't mean less to me. I owned 3gen POs each with the pearl in a incrementally diff location. The pearl on this one feels oem with a sapphire pane On the way to my watch smith now de01572d28335fd4346276374809927a_zps7e30dee6142b0916142e82c8bfc358ab5edf_zps88da

• Like 1

Just got mine love it Doing an oem crystal and something else Almost bought then until I realized only an ahole pays 6k for an omega non chrono auto then I bought the new jumbo white explorer instead The supposed pearl location flaw couldn't mean less to me. I owned 3gen POs each with the pearl in a incrementally diff location. The pearl on this one feels oem with a sapphire pane On the way to my watch smith now

Thanks for your photos. They just gave me confidence on the Titanium LM. I'd get it once the batch with better AR is available.

Gen looks awesome but is bloody expensive for what it is  :bangin:   I've tried it on at the dealer with the Blue strap instead and it feels really good on the wrist @ $6.9k it should do to !

Trying to keep up to date with these and the CrPO so when the times right I can buy one :partytime:   

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Guys,

I've always wanted a Ti Omega, and toyed with getting a refurbished gen seamaster Ti last year.

Can you confirm that the caseset, strap and clasp are all Ti?

Also how does the Ti finish compare to steel?

Thanks

N