When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Rep 6538 with gen bezel construction?

ldegeneve

The problem with 6538 and 5510 is that the case sets from Minh, ndt and phong are not 1:1 copy's. the bezels are a big tell, cause they even do not look like gen... Also the cases, they are way wrong. the only case that is 75% of the gen is the phong case....and if you want to have it to look nearly like the gen then you have to reshape it...

The problem with 6538 and 5510 is that the case sets from Minh, ndt and phong are not 1:1 copy's. the bezels are a big tell, cause they even do not look like gen... Also the cases, they are way wrong. the only case that is 75% of the gen is the phong case....and if you want to have it to look nearly like the gen then you have to reshape it...

Yeah, that was my impression, looking from the pics at least. In which case I don't think it's worth the cost.

Sorry if everyone already knows this...

Original = spring wire bezel retaiiner with a plated bronze bezel, not a snap on steel bezel like 5513 etc. The crystal retaining ring is stainless steel.

I do not know what replica bezels are made out of but the bronze bezels on genuine watches break or bend very easily. Stainless steel on a replica would be a lot better.

I had a 6538 (back before they were worth much) and they are smaller than a 5513 etc.