When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Trusty BP 116610

yeldarb

Hey everyone, I received the new BP 116610 from Andrew earlier this week and I have learned my lesson.............do not order watches during Chinese New Year cause everything is backlogged so QC pictures were never sent to me, neither was tracking. It just appeared on my door step. Anyways first things first, the watch cyclops is positioned horribly over the date window and it is quite obvious when you hold the watch in hand, secondly the bezel insert does not line up with the dial indices, especially the 45 marker as shown in the pictures below. Then there is the glidelock clasp which is poorly put together, but this is expected as there are a lot of moving parts so I wasn't expecting much from this. But basically the glidelock clasp failed me as there are two tiny balls that are used to lock in the adjustment and one of these balls fell off. The thing still locks but it isn't as secure. The release mechanism for the clasp is held on by a spring bar and somehow this gave way and I can't put it back as the spring bars won't lock into the small indents. In general if you order this watch make sure you get QC pictures and ask the dealer to test the glidelock clasp to make sure everything is functioning properly. I already e-mailed Andrew and he told me to send it back. Nothing wrong with Andrew, he is a great dealer but sending it back is just a hassle. 

post-27105-0-51952000-1362617401_thumb.j

post-27105-0-91830400-1362617416_thumb.j

post-27105-0-29053700-1362617436_thumb.j

post-27105-0-67746300-1362617453_thumb.j

post-27105-0-85578700-1362617470_thumb.j

I have recently got a sub from TT, and I too have has the glidelock failure.  Andrew has arranged for a replacement bracelet to be sent to me after I posted a video showing the failure.

Which model did you buy from the TT website, and how much?

Mine was only a cheapie at $138 plus $70 shipping (Triangular) and has several flaws, but I can live with them until the time I start to mod it.

Like yours, my marker at 9 is off, so too is the triangle at 12, which yours looks slightly better than mine, hence why I asked about price you paid.  Your dot markers appear to be larger than normal too, and could possibly be LV dot markers. (Green Bezel sub).

There is a saying, and it is true in the rep world, you only get what you pay for.

Edited by SSTEEL

I have recently got a sub from TT, and I too have has the glidelock failure.  Andrew has arranged for a replacement bracelet to be sent to me after I posted a video showing the failure.

Which model did you buy from the TT website, and how much?

Mine was only a cheapie at $138 plus $70 shipping (Triangular) and has several flaws, but I can live with them until the time I start to mod it.

Like yours, my marker at 9 is off, so too is the triangle at 12, which yours looks slightly better than mine, hence why I asked about price you paid.  Your dot markers appear to be larger than normal too, and could possibly be LV dot markers. (Green Bezel sub).

There is a saying, and it is true in the rep world, you only get what you pay for.

Yeah I bought the same one as you did, the $138 one with the Asian 21 jewel movement. Andrew has replied back to me and said he will send me a new clasp.

Edited by yeldarb

• 1 month later...

I am thinking of buying this same watch from Andrew. How did things work out? My understanding is that the only differenmce between the $128 waych and $248 watch is the movement. Are you happy with the cheaper priced movement? Is it worth an extra $120 to upgrade?

Yeah I bought the same one as you did, the $138 one with the Asian 21 jewel movement. Andrew has replied back to me and said he will send me a new clasp.

Edited by Rob4092

• 2 weeks later...

I bought the same 21J model (but in blue). I had same clasp problems however complained with some pics to support and Andrew sent me a new one which its great. Bezel alignment seems fine.

My main bugbear is that it has the old smaller crown fitted which is a real giveaway.

Does anyone know if the correct sized crown will fit?

Hi folks,

Can anyone help? My first post but have been reading the post for some time.

How do you know which sub reps are "BP" I am looking for a BP sub, based on the comments here.

Also, I would like a Noob date just. Where could I find one from this factory, didn't see it in any of Trusty's descriptions.

Also, will i see a difference in the Asian 2913, Asia Eta and the Swiss Eta?

Much Thanks,

Mike

Edited by mgraphic76