When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Rep pics on Facebook

deathb4dzhonor

I have posted pics of a few watches on Facebook. I did not comment one way or another that it was a Rep or Gen, matter of fact the watch itself was not the topic at hand, just happened to be what I had on at the time. My thoughts on this is Reps are what they are, don't wear them into an AD for sure, this has been explained many times over. But I wear some sort of rep pretty much every day out in public, in the office, etc., so someone can see it if they get close enough. I never try to pass them off as Gen. If someone asks nicely, I tell them it's not a an authentic brand X........ Not like I go out of my way to flash them around, nor do I try to hide them. They are for my enjoyment as a hobbyist, nothing more, nothing less. GreenHornet's iPad via Tapatalk HD

I have pleanty of rep pictures on instagram, never comment if it's gen or rep, just post. I like to use the instagram filters for some of my wristy pics (when I'm feeling a little lazy) they just get posted to instagram automatically. If someone called me out what's the worst that could happen? People know I collect replicas, it's not like I fear being called out, nor do I fear legal hassle over my personal collection that is not for sale or profit. On another note, I do have a Flickr account that has lots of rep pics mixed with pics of gens, this is probably riskier and more likely to be called out by someone.

I wouldn't worry about your reps showing up in your FB pics, especially if these aren't pics of your watches but just pics with your watches in them.  

I just set my permissions so that only my watch-friendly facebook friends can see my watch pictures.

there you go. I'm not much on facebook, but my daughte,r son in law and 3 grandkids live half a continent away. She posts almost all her photos on Facebook, so i was sort of forced to join to see the grandkids pix. i did set my privacy limits to only friends can view my facebook page. i'm not too keen on every Tom, Dick and Harriet looking over everything I say or post. There needs to remain some privacy in this world we live in.

AFa posting watch photos, several dealers post on their facebook page, I wouldn't have any qualms about posting a photo of me wearing a rep.