When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Scotch Lovers - What are you drinking?

Rick James

• 2 weeks later...

Spent a few days in Edinburgh, stumbled upon this place called the "Scotch Whiskey Experience" on the Royal Mile and never looked back...  Generally prefer Speyside whiskeys - Aberlour 10 is my usual, though also enjoyed A'Bunadh very much, appreciated WW123456 tasting notes - the Sherry Cask certainly impacts finish.

Speaking of - keen to try the Japanese whiskies... the Yamazaki Single Malt Sherry Cask 2013 was just named the World's best.

• 1 month later...

Balvenie is pretty smooth and similar to a Irish whiskey... Also try some Speysides - they tend to be a little bit less harsh (for lack of a better term. Also, while a lot will consider it sacrilegious, don't be afraid to try it with some branch water and/or ice. Might be just the thing to turn you onto proper Scotches... :)

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Balvenie is pretty smooth and similar to a Irish whiskey... Also try some Speysides - they tend to be a little bit less harsh (for lack of a better term. Also, while a lot will consider it sacrilegious, don't be afraid to try it with some branch water and/or ice. Might be just the thing to turn you onto proper Scotches... :)

Cheers ww12345. I got a speyside "Glenrothes". Great drop!! The shift is happening..... Onward!!!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I don't have much experience with scotch, Johnnie Walker black label is a regular, blue label when I can afford it. I also like Glenlivet 18.

Now this will sound weird, but try it: Johnnie walker red label and lipton sweet iced tea, about 1 to 6 or 1 to 8 ratio. My Wife made this up, she can't take scotch neat (how I take it), so she made this up, I love it, nice even buzz.

Regards