When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

How can provide parts for AP ROO Franken?

997 s

gen AP ROO parts are becoming increasingly rare. 

Dials are still available off ebay but good luck with the hands!

For the LWO283 movement, you can get the ETA2892 + DD module equivalent off ebay or members here.

Daytona1984 is one of the more experienced member here pertaining to such things. Watchmeister is another.

PM them for help, they would be able to point you in the right direction. :)

legendkiller do you have any idea for the price? 

As in approximately how much would the gen parts cost

Hi Zackyh

About $900-1500 for the gen dial, 2892 + DD module maybe about $400-500 or so, hands are rare and I am unsure on costs or availability.

You would also need to remachine the case to reposition the crown, and shave the caseback to make it thinner.. I would say that the cost of sourcing parts for the franken plus the works involved would amount to more than $3000 these days. 

Don't buy a movement; buy a donor watch with the movement. <br /><br />Just a word to the wise. :)<br /><br />attachicon.gifImageUploadedByTapatalk1363529910.120089.jpg<br /><br />attachicon.gifImageUploadedByTapatalk1363529924.259964.jpg<br /><br /><br /><br />Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

..from the wise :lol:

Thanks for the info legendkiller!

For 3-4k, I'd rather save a little more and buy a gen SUB, or just get a used AP..idk but I think if frankening for more than 3k isn't worth it, might as well go gen

Hi Zackyh

About $900-1500 for the gen dial, 2892 + DD module maybe about $400-500 or so, hands are rare and I am unsure on costs or availability.

You would also need to remachine the case to reposition the crown, and shave the caseback to make it thinner.. I would say that the cost of sourcing parts for the franken plus the works involved would amount to more than $3000 these days. 

Thanks for the info legendkiller!

For 3-4k, I'd rather save a little more and buy a gen SUB, or just get a used AP..idk but I think if frankening for more than 3k isn't worth it, might as well go gen

well its different strokes for different folks I guess.. but yeah thats the estimated cost of an AP franken, and honestly, a franken like this is "real" enough to pass off as the real item most of the times, barring some very minute details... 

A used AP of the same model would likely cost 2.5-3 times more I guess, so its a matter of how much some folks want the looks and close to gen feel of the watch on their wrists.

• 5 weeks later...

Can anyone PM me with a recommendation on someone state-side that can assist with making a Franken-Roo for me? Specifically the milling and such. I've got the movement, gen-dial, and donor watch.

Domi isn't doing watches outside the EU right now.

Zigmeister is laying-low...which tells me he's REAM busy. (And I'm a noob, so that never bodes well when I try to get in line.)

Sorry to dig up an old topic, but I thought it might be appropriate.

A $3.5k franken of an Ap Offshore (currently $27,500 new and $14k or so used) is no different than a $1300 franken of a $4k sub. The numbers are just bigger. :) And of course I should add that an AP Offshore is a baller watch. ;)

Could not have been said any better! :)

• Like 1

Can anyone PM me with a recommendation on someone state-side that can assist with making a Franken-Roo for me? Specifically the milling and such. I've got the movement, gen-dial, and donor watch.

Domi isn't doing watches outside the EU right now.

Zigmeister is laying-low...which tells me he's REAM busy. (And I'm a noob, so that never bodes well when I try to get in line.)

Sorry to dig up an old topic, but I thought it might be appropriate.

Was going to ask the same question.

I'm throwing in the towel (temporarily) on a FR build. I've got all the pieces/parts, but nobody that can build it for me.<br /><br />Turned my efforts to working with a few members that have a FR to possibly buy one of theirs. More expensive by quite a bit, but less time/effort as well.<br /><br />I may play down the road, but for now, I'll take a shortcut ... through my wallet.

Mine is sitting like this for a bit. Face on the movement...in a box that's in a drawer. Few of things I need before I move forward.

1: I'm still hunting the right Gen hands.

2: I'd like to get the new date-wheel installed before I go any further with it.

3: I've got a white Tacky on the way, so that'll need to arrive too.

I'm buying a Gen Panda to hold me off, so I can take my time with this build. (Am I going to WANT to finish it...that remains to be seen!)

avuje9ag.jpg

• 3 weeks later...