When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Davidsen New 111 H With New Front Dial

t

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

mistake mistake mistake :Jumpy:

all in all Davidsen PAM 111 H is the best on market

please read: ALL IN ALL ...maybe Josh has better print, maybe El has better xx, maybe...

but ALL IN ALL is Davidsen 111 the BEST OF BEST

or you now a better watch?

ok let me know :whistling:

please read: ALL IN ALL ...maybe Josh has better print, maybe El has better xx, maybe...

i have the now "old' davidson dial going into my 177h next week. i think its better than the new one. if he works this out - see his conversation on the dark side, then i may upgrade, but for now, i'm cool with what i got.

his dial fixes the "swiss made' problem and only bad part on the dial i can see is the non bold look of the writing, i doubt it wil be noticable.

I just got Davidsen's 127 Fiddy and think it is great. I noticed Andrew had a one week sale on his 111's and the 111 G he had for 328.00 was 268.00 so I pulled the trigger on it. The G version does not have the sandwich dial of course but I like the clean look.

Check out this link and if anyone has an opinion on this version, I would be happy to hear it.

http://www.trustytime.com/index.php?main_p...products_id=693

I disagree with a watch like a panerai the font is soooo important...

I would rather have chinese mvt and an nice dial then something I would cringe at everytime I checked for the time.

I would rather have a crown that is 2mm too thin than a watch that at a glance looks fake.....

The panerai dial is the personality and character of the watch.....to not have it nailed down when others dealers come closer is not acceptable on a higher priced watch.

Maybe on other reps I would be more accepting but the pams....no way

look how many great reps josh and andrew have...? why would i pay more from some guy unless it was simply better in everyway.

Hambone..

that watch looks great!!

would take that over a davidsen anytime....

i wore one of those in an AD and they examined it and asked if I wanted to apply it for a trade it.

I just got Davidsen's 127 Fiddy and think it is great. I noticed Andrew had a one week sale on his 111's and the 111 G he had for 328.00 was 268.00 so I pulled the trigger on it. The G version does not have the sandwich dial of course but I like the clean look.

Check out this link and if anyone has an opinion on this version, I would be happy to hear it.

http://www.trustytime.com/index.php?main_p...products_id=693

I don't want to offense you, but you are totaly maniac !!!!

I am a PAM lover, own 217, 005 & 009, but i think that only people who have rep and not gen can react like you , wanting teh quality of a gen for a rep price !! If you don't have the gen side by side (and it take several minutes, when you know where to check) you really can't say it's a rep (or you are perhaps 10 people in he world, including you, to see it) :bangin:

Disappointed. :thumbdown:

I was looking forward to the "Upgraded" Davidsen's dial. He has gotten almost everthing right. With such printing, it is not better than his old dial and certainly worse than Jos's and Andrew's.

All in all, the best option is still to get Jos's or Andrew's watch, install Davidsen's high canon pin and hands, and then send it for The Zigmeister's relume work.

All in all, the best option is still to get Jos's or Andrew's watch, install Davidsen's high canon pin and hands, and then send it for The Zigmeister's relume work.

Best option for me is to wait for David son's next improved version.

His products just keep getting better all the time, (unfortunately his prices keep going up also).

I am now not as impatient to make these immediate purchases as I was a few years ago.

Though I still profusely salivate after getting just a glimpse of a dealers new offerings.

Always seems if I wait just a little bit longer a much better version is soon released.

My old habit of multiple purchases just to upgrade to a slightly better rep is no longer fun.

Sums up JJ's Watch Philosophy 101.

:g:

Hambone..

that watch looks great!!

would take that over a davidsen anytime....

i wore one of those in an AD and they examined it and asked if I wanted to apply it for a trade it.

Thanks much Chad, I had a feeling I was in the right direction.

I do think Davidsen will get the dials correct!

He always has performed! :)

I am waiting also for new improved dials...

I just read on the Darkside that a few people have offered their services to get it more accurate. It's almost a greedy/guilty feeling on how accurate these reps are becoming. But then again, some of the gens are sold at rip off prices.

Disappointed. :thumbdown:

I was looking forward to the "Upgraded" Davidsen's dial. He has gotten almost everthing right. With such printing, it is not better than his old dial and certainly worse than Jos's and Andrew's.

yes and the price goes to $500-$600 :D:D:D

i have a better idea. Buy davidsen watch, and if he build a "perfect" dial next weeks fix it in your watch.

cheers :3a:

Hey guys - here's my first go at the proper font and font spacing.

I used the Sveningsson font, but I had to use FontLab to alter the L, M, N, O, P, R

I had to use FontLab to adjust the weight of the font since it was a bit thin

Then I overlayed the font on top of the dial (the best picture I had)

Then I had to go in and manually adjust the kerning between the fonts to get the spacing correct.

I think overall it looks pretty good. Any suggestions? I can alter the font or the spacing if required.

I have the files (TTF, EPS, AI, JPG). PM me if you want them.

154500-14065.jpg

please comment and I'll get this thing nailed and sent off to D.

WOW! That looks great!

How difficult would it be to use Font Lab to create an inlay with the correct number font to place over the iwc ingenieur date wheel? I have never used the program before, is it freeware or must it be purchased? THANKS :)

I noticed the LUMINOR MARINA and PANERAI are also a different size when laying the image over a gen dial scan.

post-3611-1164407639_thumb.jpg

WOW! That looks great!

How difficult would it be to use Font Lab to create an inlay with the correct number font to place over the iwc ingenieur date wheel? I have never used the program before, is it freeware or must it be purchased? THANKS :)

You read my mind about the Ingenieur date wheel. It's an odd font, but I'm sure it can be done.