When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Pearl Repair

rrari1

The pearl fell out of my BK DSSD over the weekend.  Luckily I found the pearl in my bed.  My plan is to superglue it back into place.  Are there any tricks for doing a good job of this?  The pearl is still in its surrounds, the whole piece seems to have fallen off.  (the metal casing around it)

my plan is to use as little glue as possible, taking it from the tube with a toothpick, and rubbing the toothpick on the bottom of the pearl casing, then setting it in place with a tweezers.  

Any advice would be appreciated, as I dont want to ruin this watch.

Don't use superglue. You need to use slow curing epoxy. I just did this job 2 weeks ago. 1. First you will need to use a dremel or similar tool to drill and remove old expoy from the bezel hole. Be careful not to apply to much force or you will crack the bezel. I used a loupe to ensure I was precise 2. Mix the epoxy. I used Devcon slow curing 2 ton mix. 3. Use a pin to apply a small amount on the post and on a small amount on the back of pearl. 4. Use the loupe to ensure the pearl is flush to bezel