When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Any damage if blow dry the watch?

Erict719

There are much quicker ways to dry your watch.

final_test.jpg

Exercise caution however, there is a slight chance you'll hurt your seals with this method.

thermal_test2.jpg

As long as the blow dryer is set no higher than WARM (not HOT), it should not damage anything. But, over time, you may prematurely dry out the rubber gaskets. So, if you want to use the hair dryer, be sure to have the watch professionally water-pressure tested at least yearly.

There are much quicker ways to dry your watch.

final_test.jpg

Exercise caution however, there is a slight chance you'll hurt your seals with this method.

thermal_test2.jpg

Its been a horrible day today, more snow again and now rain but your two photos on your method of drying a watch made my day and gave me a good chuckle Thanks.

There should be no need use hairdryer on a watch, unless it has absolutely no water resistance then you shouldn't even wash the watch at all. The only watches I know do not have such WR are the gen vintage ones with old gaskets. If you need to clean such watches, use a dry and clean toothbrush.

I have to wonder "why" you'd even feel the need to blow dry it ??

Wash it off, the dry it with a towel.

Nanuq....you didn't say the "stove" drying method was for gens or reps.

I'd like to try this with the gen 3035 build...it looks pretty safe to me....how long do I leave it on the fire ??

anuq....you didn't say the "stove" drying method was for gens or reps.

I'd like to try this with the gen 3035 build...it looks pretty safe to me....how long do I leave it on the fire ??

The stove drying method works equally well with gens or reps. 

The only sticking point is if you use a rep stove.  I once tried this with a  Genelal Erectric  gas stove and the results weren't pretty.

Start with 60 minutes at 100% heat and see if that dries the little sucker out.  :Jumpy:

• 1 month later...