When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Anyone seen this? Arctic Ocean Homage to Snowflake !

sgtguk

Update from Aramar:

"Hi Folks, a new update on the Arctic Ocean. I managed myself to get 100 pieces through a Swiss contact of mine. The movements are really TOP ETA 2824-2 movements, meaning blued screws, Geneva stripes etc. etc. So that's very good news on the movements. I just got of the Phone and Steinhart told me he gave the manufacturer the order to start producing everything. Since the Swiss Holidays are upcoming he informed me to let you all know that the 100 watches will be ready end of August. For those wondering what the colour would be, it is exactly as shown in my pics, so dark blue. I am really excited about it that I finally can deliver the watches at the end of August!"

It's gonna be August. I really hoped i will get it end of June..

Never mind! I am looking forward to it!

Update from Aramar:

"Hi Folks, a new update on the Arctic Ocean. I managed myself to get 100 pieces through a Swiss contact of mine. The movements are really TOP ETA 2824-2 movements, meaning blued screws, Geneva stripes etc. etc. So that's very good news on the movements. I just got of the Phone and Steinhart told me he gave the manufacturer the order to start producing everything. Since the Swiss Holidays are upcoming he informed me to let you all know that the 100 watches will be ready end of August. For those wondering what the colour would be, it is exactly as shown in my pics, so dark blue. I am really excited about it that I finally can deliver the watches at the end of August!"

It's gonna be August. I really hoped i will get it end of June..

Never mind! I am looking forward to it!

August will suit me fine  :clap2:  :clap2:  :clap2:  thanks for sharing the news mate ! Been checking the site last few days too  :inverted:

@ Ricardo, we will look at this as a group buy maybe at some stage, I'm going to try to organize maybe later in the year and see how we go ! (Not the Arctic Ocean, one for RwG  ;) )

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Well to keep you guys updated on this ltd edition, it's all gone to shit  :fool:   gutted......really gutted because I really loved this piece too !

Basically it seems that Steinhart and Aramar parted company and the dial/colour has been changed, so I'm out :huh:  Bloody shame ! 

So it looks like they shut the entire thread down on WUS since it is not a Steinhart watch any longer and removed any mention of it as an Aramar watch since he doesn't have a proper sub-forum. Best I can tell its the same watch with Aramar on the dial?

Yep..Aramar sent some more information last night. The watch remaining exactly the same (design,colors,etc..)but the logo on the dial will be "Aramar". Also it has been delayed till mid September. It is going to be manufactured by Grovana who used to produce watches for Steinhart. I have been waiting while, another month or two won't hurt :)

Yep..Aramar sent some more information last night. The watch remaining exactly the same (design,colors,etc..)but the logo on the dial will be "Aramar". Also it has been delayed till mid September. It is going to be manufactured by Grovana who used to produce watches for Steinhart. I have been waiting while, another month or two won't hurt :)

Really glad you posted again mate, led me back to the thread with the updated pics on it, it looks exactly same except Aramar instead of Steinhart no biggie for me so re-ordered with Maurice again, cost me $30 extra too with exchange rate   :fool:  teach me to jump ship too quick !

• Like 1

I personally like the Aramar logo better. As long the quality be top notch we shouldn't have to worry if its Steinhart or another micro brand. 

I reckon lot of people cancelled their orders (probably die hard Steinhart fans) ..so there maybe an opportunity for You guys if interested of course!

Hope there is not going to be any more changes due course.  :g:

• 2 months later...

I have three MKII's two Kingston's and a Stingray, they are seriously good watches, top quality, the wait is long, but definitely worth it.

The Kingston is one of the few contemporary watches that have increased in value. A Kingston in good condition (95%) is selling for right around twice the original price, and they are pretty scarce as only 300 were made.

That's great are they making with the blue or black dial?

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

Blue dial is definitely on the way, but as Deck already said the release date is probably a couple months away now, looking forward to it :inverted:  

• 1 month later...

It has been long time since last update but i have some news for people still interested in this project. The watch its almost completed. Aramar is  only waiting for the Grovana to complete snowflake hands manufacturing and the deadline for complete watch is January 2014. Few pics of the prototype (from Aramar Facebook page):

post-52132-0-90456500-1384682729_thumb.j

post-52132-0-69743200-1384682728_thumb.j

post-52132-0-36475900-1384682729_thumb.j

Thanks!

It has been long time since last update but i have some news for people still interested in this project. The watch its almost completed. Aramar is  only waiting for the Grovana to complete snowflake hands manufacturing and the deadline for complete watch is January 2014. Few pics of the prototype (from Aramar Facebook page):

Thanks!

Can't wait to get this one :notworthy:  seems like an age since I ordered but worth it in the end I reckon ;)  Thanks for the update mate !

• 3 weeks later...