When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Greetings from Holland!

Hi all!

Let me introduce myself. After reading a lot, i mean a lot.

My first purchase was from silix. One little problem; custom seized the two watches. Not a nice introduction to this new hobby.

Second purchase was a Rolex 5513, agian from silix. I am using this watch to learn. Taking it apart, removing stuff, ageing the dial. I will probably ruin it, but learn even more. For example that the right tools are essential. So in the meanwhile, i'm creating a collection of tools. I hope to learn a lot and maybe in a couple of years, i can repay this forum and help out other members.

Greeting from Holland,

Pierre Sec

Welcome to this forum, Pierre.

Not so nice to hear that you ran into trouble with the Dutch customs office on you're first purchase, i haven't had any problems with my orders (6 reps in total).

4 Of them came directly by registered air mail, and one came from France, and one was send by Toro via Spain.

Welcome from the southern part of Holland.

Nothing from the Far East region will come through customs anymore when my name and address is on it.

That's why i use either long way via the UK or i buy within the EU which is more safe.

Have a nice stay and enjoy 

Carpe Diem

Cats

Welcome fellow Dutchie! Genoeg te ontdekken en leren hiero. B) 

Your watches being seized by customs sucks! Did you get a fine too? I am in the repscene for a while now and, thank god, have never experienced this. **also knocks on wood**

Thanks for the warm welcome and sympathy. No, I have not been fined, just an angry letter.

For my next purchase, i will use a dealer that offers UK shipping. I am searching for another vintage submariner (5508) for modding. Silix has no stock of this model. I hope i can find a cheap one somewhere else. However, with UK shipping, it will never be really cheap i'm afraid. Well, maybe a good reason to find some more rep for my wishlist and combine shipping.