When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

New MQ Newman Dial

freddy333

Every few months, a thread appears on a number of gen sites with pics of frankens taken from RWG or other rep sites & trumpeting the need to hang the fakers. Often, the poster is a member on RWG. Sad, but true. You may also occasionally see frankens here that get posted on gen sites after their members find the pics on google & assume they are gens.

I'm sure that there are a fair number of VRF and RF members who are also members here. That in itself are not a  problem, it's when the member posts a stolen photo of a franken on one of the gen forums and as freddy says stirs up a storm of controversy. Not very long back a member here out of sheer ignorance posted his own franken, I believe it was an Explorer. As ususal about 10 posts down, after all of the "Wow, great watch, etc." posts by the guys on the gen forums that can't tell a Rolex from a Timex, someone who is knowledgable picks the franken apart, and then the feeding frenzy starts. It's really bad when someone steals your photo of your watch and posts it somewhere else, but it's really stupid to tempt fate by posting your own watch on a gen forum.

really impressive, thanks freddy. Would you suggest an upgrade on an otherwise pretty perfect 6239 (phong case, val72, gen tube+crown+crystal+bracelet) or would it be worth to wait for an even better version? My dial at the moment is an ingod, not a minh as I wrote before...

If you feel Minh's dial presents a worthwhile improvement over your current dial & you can afford his price tag ($1,100), then you should upgrade. Aftermarket parts are always improving & only you know whether to pull the trigger or await the next big thing. Obviously, after reading this thread, you know where I stand.

Every few months, a thread appears on a number of gen sites with pics of frankens taken from RWG or other rep sites & trumpeting the need to hang the fakers. Often, the poster is a member on RWG. Sad, but true. You may also occasionally see frankens here that get posted on gen sites after their members find the pics on google & assume they are gens.

Thanks for the info, I truly didn't realize that was happening. I should be more careful about the pics I put up, but I guess there's really nothing we can really do about it.

• 2 months later...