When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

NEW CERAMIC PLANET OCEAN 45.5 GAIN 1HOUR+/DAY

neoneo1neo

Hello everyone!!

My name is Neo, i'm 27 and living under the california sunshine. anyways, here my story begins.

ordered a UPO 45.5 along with a prohunter sub (pvd) from Andrew about 3 weeks ago, *note for both me and my friend, this is our very first high quality rep watch. the waiting was painful, but andrew's close communication soothes us everytime when we were inpatient. finally, yesterday 3/20, we received this little package from USPS. carefully opened it up, my beatiful UPO 45.5mm and my friend's PVD prohunter sub is sitting inside nicely. after the inspection, the watch has very little to none flaw on it, and i was extreamly happy about it. we set the time around 1pm in the afternoon and we were wore it the whole afternoon even the bracelet were way big and needed to be adjusted.

anyways, on my way home around 7:00pm, i looked at my watch, and it was showing 7:30 ????!!!!!

so i went home and use my iphone's timer to test it, it gains at least 5 second per minute, i tried the method couple times and it all only took the watch to finish a whole round in about 55.9-56.5 seconds.

in the QC photo it shows it should gain 3 seconds/day on the machine, but now is like this??? Is this normal? i understand that automatic movements are not as accurate as quatz, but off 5-6 minutes per hour wouldn't make any sense right? plus the watch is brand new. from Andrew too!! i thought it would be at least good quality since is swiss ETA.

any thoughts? opinions? suggestions?

Please help me out everybody. here is a photo of the lume, took by iphone4

post-51861-0-72979100-1363893490_thumb.j

Perhaps the package took an awful bump during shipping and this had an impact on the watch's accuracy or got through a strong magnetic field (maybe on its way through the customs' checking equipment)

Has happened to me once

I think our experienced watchmakers can chime in and give you a hint or two.

I agree with all of the above. Magnetised and/ or an impact on the balance could have misshaped the dog leg or caused a stud to move. If the watch ran ok on the QC pics it should not be a big issue. Shoot MD2020 a PM. I think he lives in your part of the woods. But I think he currently is taking a pause due to a small accident he had.

.....Or find a local repair guy. Much cheaper and safer than sending it back to China.

Any how good luck!

Using a Silva compass, or any reliable compass, put it by your watch to see if North moves, if it does, your watch is magnetised, and can cause issues with running, so if this is the case you can demagnetise yourself using a inexpensive equipment you can find on the bay.

Whatever you do DO NOT :nono:  send it back to China! It's risky and turn around once it gets there(if it gets there) will be 2-3 months. Trust me I know I just returned my Breitling Seawolf for a dial change. Thank GOD it made it there safely but Andrew at Trusty informed me it would take awhile to get back because they only have 2 to 3 watchsmiths and they are swamped with work. I would HIGHLY recommend MD2020. He just serviced my new 45mm CrPO. He verified and checked the movement and made sure all the gaskets were watertight. His turn around time is pretty darn good! He's had my watches a few days and the works complete. He's now my go to guy. Andrew is a stand up guy so email him. I'm sure he would refund the repair fee and he'd much rather you have it fixed in the USA instead of the overseas hassles. Good luck and welcome to the addiction!

Edited by Indywatchguy

Something could have happened in shiping...

1hour per day is beyond what you can regulate yourself so unfortunately it looks like you need to send it to be serviced or return it to Andrew to fix...

OMG!!! that's the last thing i wanted to do. the watch seems running and functioning fine. i just hope to get it solved. cuz 5min/hour will make me late for work or miss a plane for sure!!!

Perhaps the package took an awful bump during shipping and this had an impact on the watch's accuracy or got through a strong magnetic field (maybe on its way through the customs' checking equipment)

Has happened to me once

i hope that was the case too, as problem like that can be solved with not too much hassle. but the thing is the prohunter that come along in the same package seems as accurate as it shows in the QC photo. why did it happen to mine!!!

Has happened to me once

lets say if it did took a impact, would it be able to fix? seems like at least nothing inside is broken

Whatever you do DO NOT :nono:  send it back to China! It's risky and turn around once it gets there(if it gets there) will be 2-3 months. Trust me I know I just returned my Breitling Seawolf for a dial change. Thank GOD it made it there safely but Andrew at Trusty informed me it would take awhile to get back because they only have 2 to 3 watchsmiths and they are swamped with work. I would HIGHLY recommend MD2020. He just serviced my new 45mm CrPO. He verified and checked the movement and made sure all the gaskets were watertight. His turn around time is pretty darn good! He's had my watches a few days and the works complete. He's now my go to guy. Andrew is a stand up guy so email him. I'm sure he would refund the repair fee and he'd much rather you have it fixed in the USA instead of the overseas hassles. Good luck and welcome to the addiction!

my oh my!! thanks for your opinion bro. as a complete newbie,

i really appreciate all you guys comment and effort on helping me on this!! let me contact MD2020 and hopefully this can be a easy fixed. what about the price range i should be looking at?? sorry if i have way too many question.

BTW, i still love the watch. although is not going to keep time for me!! LOL

Using a Silva compass, or any reliable compass, put it by your watch to see if North moves, if it does, your watch is magnetised, and can cause issues with running, so if this is the case you can demagnetise yourself using a inexpensive equipment you can find on the bay.

thanks for the tip. seems like this is the easiest trouble shooting we can at least do. haha. thanks bro

Send to MD2020 to fix as others have suggested, after you try Steel's fix if no go.

too bad md2020 got into some incident and hurt his wrist and finger. won't be able to help me til while later. any other suggestion i can go to?

MD2020 is fine guys!!!! I just chatted with him he fixed my CrPo and shipped it back. Neo PM him now!!!! His prices are very reasonable and email Andrew now and ask if he'll cover the repair. Most of all Neo the noob....BRRRREEEEAAAATH wooooo saaaaaaa! Lol

MD2020 is fine guys!!!! I just chatted with him he fixed my CrPo and shipped it back. Neo PM him now!!!! His prices are very reasonable and email Andrew now and ask if he'll cover the repair. Most of all Neo the noob....BRRRREEEEAAAATH wooooo saaaaaaa! Lol

hahahahaha!! thank u so much bro!! i PM'ed him already. he gave me two method before further action. hopefully it would just fix it. lol

1. slap the watch towards my palm to see if it fix it

2. hand wind about 25-30 times to see anything changes.

let me try and hopefully comes back with good news tomorrow. emailed andrew already however haven't heard anything back. finger cross and hopefully he will take care of me. this is my very first rep watch , i'm hoping to get more and more in the near future, just hope some miracle happens.

UPDATE!! PROBLEM fixed!! Had a local old watch guy looked at it for a second, then I was told the balance spring is bad, fixed and running like a champ now!! I love it!! Anyone need a guy in LA that's friendly yet experienced, PM me!!

UPDATE!! PROBLEM fixed!! Had a local old watch guy looked at it for a second, then I was told the balance spring is bad, fixed and running like a champ now!! I love it!! Anyone need a guy in LA that's friendly yet experienced, PM me!!

So there you go. It got knocked so hard in transit that the balance spring was caught on itself.