When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

QC PICS - Super Avenger from Toro

nick_

Don't buy the white battons rep!<br />The dial isn't really white in real. It's more silver/cream in colour and the date window is wrong.<br />Buy it and put a gen dial into it!<br />This is how a white SA should be:<br />apuvusuv.jpg<br />Sent from an 

Edited by ocram

White face with sticks, how do you guys think it looks?  Date wheel looks a little off to me?  The font that is...

Do you know what QC pics are for?

Is that the watch you ordered? Yes? Then buy it.

If you had concerns about the shaping of the '2' character, ask about that before payment.

• Like 1

Don't buy the white battons rep!<br />The dial isn't really white in real. It's more silver/cream in colour and the date window is wrong.<br />Buy it and put a gen dial into it!<br />This is how a white SA should be:<br />apuvusuv.jpg<br />Sent from an 

I plan on swapping a gen dial :)

Do you know what QC pics are for?

Is that the watch you ordered? Yes? Then buy it.

If you had concerns about the shaping of the '2' character, ask about that before payment.

If I didnt would I post here?  Would I even be here?  

QC pics?????

Ha ha haaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!

Thanks for your wonderful insight...

Trying to bump your post count??

Did you buy it without even looking at the pictures on the dealers website?

Why did you even choose to post in this thread?  Equally as valid of a question.

Tough room , not that the comments are untrue. Take the watch nothing wrong just flawed,  it is a rep.

Ocram ,nice!

True story :)

Edited by nick_

It's a rep.

The dealers website will have loads of pictures showing the watch from all angles, so you can see things like the date wheel font before you order it. If the dealers website doesn't have decent pics, post the web link for us to see as I'm curious in that case.

I'm not getting at you personally, but, for a minute imagine we've swapped places.

I'm a newbie who's come along, wanting to buy my first rep.

I've gone to a TDs website, looked at the watches, looked at the pics, compared the prices, decided what I like and ordered it.

Then when I get the watch I notice that the DW font is not 100% accurate to the gen.

There's pictures showing exactly what the DW font looks like on the website, so why didn't I see the problem then?

Either I did see it and hoped it would look better in real life, or I didn't look closely at the pics, or I didn't look at them at all. Either way, it's my problem for not looking properly.

QC pics are for comparing to the website pictures and spotting errors in that particular rep watch when compared to the "ideal sample" they used to take the website pics.

No one can realistically compare a $350 rep watch to a $5000 ~ $40000 genuine watch, that's like expecting a gen $20000 car to be identical to a $350 "replica" kit car, ain't never going to happen.

I bought this exact watch a month ago.  It is not cream color at all.  It is white and it is a beauty.  Just as good looking as my gen to the naked eye.  I also like trying out different straps.  They all look good.

As the guys on here told me, just buy it and don't worry about it.

• Like 1

• 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...